Skip to content

Looking to round out this entertaining party

Unsure as to what the protagonist will be yet. I want to pick out the most entertaining NPCs and then just make a protagonist that will cover any bases that might be missing.

I'm definitely using:

Minsc
Jan

I'm probably using Jaheira.

What other good or neutral NPCs have good banter with the above characters?

I'm considering Neera and Rasaad, as I haven't ever used them. But I'm open to other ideas as well.

Thank you.

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Your protagonist has a major effect on the answer. You definitely need an arcane caster. Anyway, Valygar would be a good add for that group (Stalker). If you don't have arcane caster, you sort of need Neera.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Keldorn>> Edwin
    Aerie
    Korgan>> Haer'Dalis>> open slot for your liking(Yoshimo >> Imoen in my opinion).

IMO
  • KloroxKlorox Member Posts: 894
    I like Imoen, but she hardly has any dialogue. Kind of boring.

I'm thinking:

Cleric/Fighter
    Minsc
    Jan
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Cernd

Or

Cleric/Ranger
    Minsc
    Jan
    Rasaad
    Neera
    Mazzy
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    Mazzy or Cernd aren't particularly entertaining IMO, they are actually kind of mellow.
    Rasaad is not ready to frontline at the beginning of BG2, which leaves your frontline a bit open. If you're dualing, PC+Minsc can frontline while Rasaad does hit-and-run, then later you can put your PC to the backlines as Rasaad becomes frontline-ready.

This is why I would recommend Haer'Dalis. He's a solid frontline with Mirror Image+Blur+Stoneskin and his spins augment any style you want to go with. When you need only 2 frontlines, he can hang back casting spells or throwing darts. Besides, he's as entertaining as it gets.. :smiley:
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Neera is really fun, do take her
    Bring along Vicky as well, I find her entertaining
    I've never used Haer-Dalis, he's a possibility as well.

I know Neera will be entertaining, even if her banter wasn't, just being a wild Mage is mechanically exciting.

How is Rasaad?
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Rasaad is not exactly the top of fun.
    He has few banters, his romance is probably the worst of all, and his personnality does not exactly fit the definition of fun, which is legit because he is a monk.

Hexxat has some very fun banters but she is evil. You could bring Aerie along as well, she has special banters with Minsc
    I'm picking Cernd for inspiration for a Druid I plan on playing in a 5e D&D game.
    I need to rethink this.

I started, played for a few hours, and remembered why I hate playing a cleric in this game. I don't think it works with the story at all.

I know I'll play some kind or warrior, or warrior multiclass.

Cernd
    Anomen
    Minsc
    Neera
    Jan

Looks like I really have all the bases covered and can play whatever I'd like!