Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Itona, unable to initiate dialogue - Dealing with the Trademeet genies

jokkiwjokkiw Member Posts: 4
edited April 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
In Trademeet, I spoke with Khan Zahraa and agreed to hunt down Ihtafeer. As described in walkthroughs, the next step is to speak with the Shadow Thief named Itona, found in the north east corner of the map.

When approaching her, she is constantly saying "An excellent day for whatever you're after", "Mmm?", "Ye-e-e-s?". I am unable to initiate a dialogue with her. Neither is it possible to save the game in her vicinity: "Cannot save game while in dialogue mode".

I have killed her and respawned her using the CLUA console (character name TRTHF01), but the problem is not solved. Is this a known bug? Any solutions?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• jokkiwjokkiw Member Posts: 4
    Game file as attachment
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    It looks like you have refused to hunt down Ihtafeer. Try talking to the dao genies again and accept the job or Itona won't talk to you.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Heh, had just come back to say the same, ninja'd.
    Thanks
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the replies so far, but I cant see how I turned down the quest.
    The quest log/journal says "I have spoken to the djinn, led by Khan Zahraa and agreed to bring back the head of the rakshasa Ithafeer. The djinn implied that [...]"

If I go and speak with Zahraa again, he asks "Will you seek Ihtafeer's head for us?". I can answer "Yes. I will attempt to find [...]". But this does not update the quest log.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited April 2015
    If I accept the quest then say I don't have time this gets to the same situation your save is in. At that point Itona won't say anything unless you accept the quest a second time. You can check the variable switching from 0 to 1 with the console command below, and the yes/no dialogue can be swapped repeatedly.

C:GetGlobal("Zahraajob","GLOBAL")
    Anyway, I reloaded to a previous saved game, and finally Itona will speak to me (through a proper dialogue).
    Thanks for the replies folks.