Skip to content

#12604 Familiars should not prevent dialogues from starting

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
edited April 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Observed:
When your party is travelling together with a familiar I have noticed that certain characters don't automatically start conversations or speeches even though they are supposed to. The most prominent instances I can remember are Gaal's speech in the Temple District and the Asylum Coordinator in Spellhold while he's introducing you to the inmates.

I was able to trigger this effect in about 8 out of 10 attempts. Sometimes the dialogs are triggered after a certain delay. It appears to happen more often if your familiar is following behind in a certain distance. Putting the familiar in front of the party seems to prevent this issue in most cases.

Expected:
Characters who are supposed to automatically start a conversation or speech will do so when you enter their sight or a certain range.

I have attached two saves with a party and familiar to reproduce this behavior:
1. In the Temple District. Try to approach Gaal while your familiar is following your party to see the effect.
2. Before entering Spellhold. Follow the Coordinator with your familiar while he's doing his tour.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Took a few goes for the Temple case to repro, worked out something reliable in the end. I couldn't get the Spellhold one to repro though.