Skip to content

Quality of writing between PoE and PT

superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
So I took a break from BG1 for a second to try out PoE. Been playing it for a bit, almost done Act 2 I guess, and I was just curious about the quality of writing between this game and Planescape. Since I heard PoE has great storytelling/writing, something along those lines, but I also heard that Planescape is king in this regard.

Now just to let you know, I dont know anything about what makes writing good or bad. If PoE is considered good writing, how would you compare Planescape? Havent played that game yet.

(Currently thinking about beating PoE first, then BG1, then BG2, and then try Planescape, because everyone hypes up the story, so I think Ill save that last since I like dialogues.)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Teflon
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Planescape Torment has one of the best dialogue lines in the computer games. It's full of phrases that became quotes. The writing in Planescape is top-top notch.

I wouldn't compare PoE to Planescape Torment, though. Only few of PoE's stories resemble Planescape Torment a bit: Grieving Mother as a concept + her dialogues are one of those PST-like pieces.
    Tuth