Skip to content

imported avenger dualclass to fighter freezes game

lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
edited May 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Hi all

No mods. Last patch bgee and bg2ee. both steam version (I did not try on my beamdog versions because those are modded).
I have imported an Avenger from bgee into bg2ee and attempt to dual at level 12. Requirements are all met (tomes boosted to proper strength, wisdom and charisma). I can go through the fighter screen. When I accept the fighter proficiencies the game freezes.

I can (How can I) upload the save game in case someone wants to reproduce it (?).

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    If you want to upload a save just go into your documents/baldur's gate 2 enhanced edition folder. There you should see a save folder. In that save folder are a list of all your game saves. Find the relevant save and copy it into a zip or rar file. Then you can attach the file to the forum here using the "Attach a file" feature (it appears just below the "share on facebook" button).
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Ah thanks. I missed the upload link. Will do so tomorrow asap
    Here it is.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited May 2015
    Hi
    Can you try resting before dual-classing. You'll have to sit through a Bhaalspawn dream then Korgan and Hexxat hassle about their quests and Anomen talks about 20 giants.
    Yes that worked. I got the dream and hexxat complaining (not the korgan and anomen chats).

How either of them relate to dual classing is beyond me though.
    For me this is solved.
    However, is this reproducable by others (i.e. will it be picked up as a bug and be fixed in some patch at some point in the future? )
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I'm going to leave the thread open and link in any other reports to see if there is a pattern. As & when I get time I'll see if I can recreate from scratch to narrow the cause down, if I can do that it will get logged.
    Thanks