Skip to content

[W7 - Steam]Girdle of Fortitude should be more useful

I dont know if this is a bug per se, but as the item stands it is completely useless. It is a belt, with 1 charge to increase constitution to 18 for 8 hours. After that single use the belt disappears. Well what good is that? You have all these other items with stat increases that are either permenant or their charges reset from resting a day. What conceivable value does this item have?

Comments

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it shouldn't disappear. instead, it should regain it's charge daily.

it's a rather useful item, singularly so. 8 hours duration is effectively the same as constant stat setting effect but turning it on is a bit of a hassle. put it on viconia.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    It REALLY should just set cons, much like Str belts.

As it is, its pretty dangerous! Imagine you're on a huge drinking binge, when suddenly your heroic 18 cons drops to 9! You could die of alcohol poisoning! Yikes! Should be cursed so you don't accidently take it off...
    yeah it just punishes you for forgetting to toggle it and failing to remember to deal with the occasional effect expiration; just stat-setting would really be fair, but i always thought that con 18 is a bit op. it should have some drawback.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    The drawback is you can't use that slot for something more useful - much like the STR belts and there a several of those.
    that is right, but 18con on a squishy npc is arguably more valuable than any individual str setting item
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Belt of Inertial Barrier is boss, but yeah, the game isn't thick on belts Viconia would want.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I can't reproduce this, the belt worked as expected (stayed equipped and recharged after a rest).
    elminster
  • DruericDrueric Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2015
    bob_veng said:

it shouldn't disappear. instead, it should regain it's charge daily.

it's a rather useful item, singularly so. 8 hours duration is effectively the same as constant stat setting effect but turning it on is a bit of a hassle. put it on viconia.

Yes it shouldnt disappear, but it does. (For me anyway) Even if it didnt disappear, why cant it be static like other similar items like str belts and dexterity gloves? They are all physical attributes. It gives viconia like 20 more health for 8 hours.... hardly makes her powerful. Shes is still just a cleric, not a heavy hitting tank. Is that really more useful than a permanent 18 dex on anomen? It makes anomen and others with a low dex way tougher.
    Post edited by Drueric on