Skip to content

Have Enhanced Edition releases paid off?

I am just curious whether enough sales were generated from all Enhanced Ediitons, but I am not asking for specific sales data. I would hate to know that there weren't enough sales to pay off for all the difficult development...

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited May 2015
    I think yes. They've made IWDEE after BG1&2EEs, now they are working on a new game and not just enhancing (Adventure Y). The information the developers give (about numbers) is not much but it still shows the EEs paid off, especially taking into account mobile devices.

Shinlunar
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    They've also hired more and more people from the forums, likely wouldn't be the case if the games didn't pay off.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    And IWD:EE wouldn't have happened either. This tells a lot about the game's viability.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Well Beamdog is still in business, so that alone is an indication that these games have payed off. They couldn't have survived this long if they weren't making any money from them.
    lunar
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lunarjackjack
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I think the point is that this proves people will pay more for something good.
    lunar
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    I hope they did. EEs are lovely. The only reason, why I haven't bought the game also for tablets is that my old android tab would not survive the game and I barely use it.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Well according to the (potentially inaccurate) site Steamspy.com it believes BGEE has sold 400,000 copies and BG2EE 250,000.

And that is on steam alone. I know the dev's appear pleased with mobile sales but I would think that those numbers look much better than I would have thought!
    wubbleJuliusBorisov