Skip to content

Suggest BG2:EE mods for me

I've been out of the playing loop for a while and am not up to date on what mods have been updated for EE. I'm intending to start a new BG2 game and would like to mod it up.

So hit me with your recommendations please!

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    Have a look on the choice of mods @lunar offers as a one-off install (it's PC-compatible as well): http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/41129/easy-mega-mod-installation-in-5-minutes-huge-ipad-compatible#latest. I personally agree with most of them.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    bengoshi said:

Have a look on the choice of mods @lunar offers as a one-off install (it's PC-compatible as well): http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/41129/easy-mega-mod-installation-in-5-minutes-huge-ipad-compatible#latest. I personally agree with most of them.

Heya, thank you @bengoshi
    I recommend SCS above everything as it keeps the game fresh and challenging. Item randomiser is also excellent for replay value and excitement.
  • BGLover1981BGLover1981 Member Posts: 13
    Are the mods listed here (particularly those by argent77) available for the iPad as well?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,460
    Afaik, iPad doesn't allow writing to the dialog.tlk file which contains all the text strings seen in the game. Because of this only a small number of mods can be installed properly. From the mods listed in my previous post, only "Lighting Pack" could be installed without issues.
  • NoQuittNoQuitt Member Posts: 10
    SCS is incredible. The AI enhancements greatly increase tactical depth and also make for a more immersive experience.

ATweaks is a lot like SCS but on a smaller scale. A lot of the focus of ATweaks is on changing certain things in the game to be more like how they are in PnP. It adds AI and abilities to certain monsters so they are more like their PnP counterparts. It changes certain spells and classes to make them more like PnP as well. Highly recommended.

BGTweaks is a must have even if you only use it to have unlimited stacks of arrows :smiley:
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Hey @argent77 does the above mods you mentioned above are EE compatible? also do they all work with SCS as interested in trying most of these on my next playthrough
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,460
    Yes, they are all compatible with BG2:EE. SCS should be compatible with pretty much every mod out there that doesn't provide its own AI enhancements. You can consult this post for the suggested mod installation order.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Do any of the above mods move/remove the bonus merchant in Ribalds? I'm 99% sure I chose to keep them when setting up BG2Tweaks but she isn't there - which is a bummer as I'm doing a solo Sorcerer SCS run and would really like the Robe of Vecna.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    @decado ItemRevisions changes stores around, including the bonus merchants and their items. BGTweaks should only affect those merchants if you choose that option.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Thanks - that would be it. Item Revisions must of moved her elsewhere.
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    Thank you @argent77 , good stuff!