Skip to content

[DUPE] [Android] Game starts, but screen stays black

scasca Member Posts: 2
edited May 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Hey,

I seem to have ran into a issue that prevents me from playing the game completely. When I open the app, it shows the Beamdog splash screen, but after that I simply get black screen instead of the regular Baldur's Gate menu. In the background, the music is playing, and when I tap around on my screen I hear the audio feedback when I touch a button, yet, the screen stays black. Definitely seems like a graphical glitch. I'd gladly add a screenshot, but it seems a little silly (as there is absolutely nothing to see on it).
The game worked fine in the past, I played it for a while up until Nashkel, but then got distracted by other stuff. I recently picked it up again, only to run into the described issue.

Any pointers on how to resolve this are appreciated. I'm running the game on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. I already tried removing and installing the app again, to no effect. This also implies it occurs on the latest version of the app.

So...

Observed:
* Screen stays black after Beamdog splash screen, while music plays in background.
Expected:
* The game menu, obviously. :)

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd love to be able to play the game again.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• blitzers807blitzers807 Member Posts: 1
    There appears to be compatibility issues with Android Lollipop 5.0 across BG1, BG2 & IWD. I'm running 5.0.2 on my Galaxy Tab S and ran into the same: Beamdog screen loads, then black screen with audio. I was able to refund and if the issues are worked out I will definitely purchase the game as they were personal favorites back on pc.
  • GTazDevilGTazDevil Member Posts: 12
    same issue here on lollopop 5.0.2 Galaxy Tab s 10.5. Sorely dissapointed. I've tried connectin with beamdog via several social media outlets and have heard no response.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited May 2015
    This has been reported several times and is a well known issue. I'll link you to the main thread we're tracking this in. Marking this one as a dupe.

Don't give up on us guys, we know about it and are working on it!

There is an ongoing beta test. You can read more about everything related to this issue at the below link.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40761/12311-bgii-ee-should-not-show-a-blank-screen-on-android-devices
  • scasca Member Posts: 2
    Okay, thanks for the info, Illydth. Good to know you guys are working on it. :smile:

I guess you have no (rough) ETA yet on the fix, right? :wink:
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @sca there is an update on the previous link.
    Thanks