Skip to content

red = Bad or red = Evil?

Didn't really concern myself with this too much over the years until I elected this playthrough to lay down some Unholy Blight on some Mercs outside the Cloakwood Mines to see what would happen.
No effect on them, kicked my party's ass though. Now I suspected we would get hit as we were all "good guys" but was curious as to how the game treated Mercs. Mercs don't usually follow a moral code, they follow the money (is that inherently evil?) so I wanted to see what would happen.
Results seem to indicate Bad = Evil and that's not necessarily true. Sure, for game play, it keeps it simple but in a game where a lot of time was spent on a player determining, and upholding, their moral compass, seems to me this was an oversight.
One could even objectify Mercs as being neutral since they go for the coin not the moral obligation. They are not team players.
Interesting....

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Drasus, Genthore, and Rezdan are all Chaotic Neutral. Kysus is Chaotic Evil. The guards are True Neutral.
    deltagoJuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Red = Hostile.
    joluvDreadKhanJuliusBorisov
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, another day, another time, you could have shared a drink with Drasus, Genthore, or Rezdan. It all depends on their mood. Kysus is always an a** though. :smiley:
    joluvJuliusBorisov