Skip to content

[Needs Repo] Water Queen's House Quests

DurothilDurothil Member Posts: 29
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
I am near the end of Chapter 5, having done all Quests and explored all Areas possible except for the Tales of the Swordcoast content and I have to say: I am rather disappointed! While some things have changed for the better, many falws and inconveniences from the original game still exist and some new were added.

Best example so far are the Quests done in the Water Queen's House: If you choose the wrong order in handling the quests, they are not completable or at least not in the way you might want to. The new bug is that even after siding with Tenya (The Fishermen and the Priestess) she wouldn't show up for the "future reward" when dealing with Tremain's Son.

Furthermore, when enhancing something, please do so without new flaws: Font size doesn't scale properly most of the time when the smallest option is selected. Also annoying are the many (new) Journal Quest entries which don't conclude in "Done Quests" even though when finished properly. (I would list them but since they are not going to be addressed anyway - the proof can be found in-game and in this forum - I don't.)
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Bugs can certainly be addressed and fixed. Please follow the guidelines in this thread when posting bug reports.

General complaints can probably go in the discussion forums. :)
  • DurothilDurothil Member Posts: 29
    Dee said:

Bugs can certainly be addressed and fixed. Please follow the guidelines in this thread when posting bug reports.

General complaints can probably go in the discussion forums. :)

Yes, bugs can be fixed but that one hasn't been in years. So I reported another bug in the hope that this will be. What exactly do you want to tell me with your post? :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Only that we ask that separate bugs be reported separately. It isn't clear from the title of this thread what bug you are reporting; it would be helpful to split it into a few threads, so that we can address each one on its own.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Also, I would like to mention that a request of enhancing something without new flaws is a little bit unreal. The engine of the game is an old one and you just never know what will happen if you touch this or that thing.

Only by the gradual work they can get rid of one bug after another. And as the time shows, the process is moving. There have been several patches and there will be more in the future.
  • DurothilDurothil Member Posts: 29
    @bengoshi It is not only "a little bit unreal" but nearly impossible to avoid new bugs, I understand that much. But producing an immense amount of (major) bugs and later debugging them or not - contrary to your suggestion some reported bugs are being ignored - is something many buyers might find satisfying but not me.

Baldur's Gate was my favorite PC game and I was looking forward to play the Enhanced Edition but after having it played I'm not sure I want to buy the sequel.