Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Help me create a party for my first powerplaying playthrough

Hello everyone,

I usually play these games on easiest difficulty just to experience the story, but today I decided to play BG2:EE and ToB on insane. I am not really familiar with DnD rules or in depth mechanics so I need some help to create my party. I don't use any mods (nor I intend to) except the one prevents NPCs from leaving your party (so allignments are not an issue) Even though I am primarily playing for powerplaying purposes, there are some NPCs I definately want to include my party such as Jan Jansen, Edwin and Aeriee ( I also like Minsc, Korgan, Keldorn and Jaheria but they are not mandatory). My protagonist preferences are arcane casters, (but with aeriee and edwin this would be redundant I guess) bards, thieves or any dual wielding melee kit/class.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 56
    If there are no alignment restrictions, I would go with Viconia, Keldorn, Korgan, Edwin, Jan, and a Skald PC who only sings. These are all power players, and a Skald is the ultimate party buffer. The Skald has an innate casting time penalty, so no reason to do anything else but sing. Also, the team hit/damage/AC and mental protection bonuses provided while singing are powerful, and only get stronger at higher levels and will multiply with the kind of summoned creatures your casters can create.

• ekoletekolet Member Posts: 2
    Can I somehow fit aerie in that party? She is one of the three NPCs I want in my party.

• bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,295
    i'd go with:
    cleric/thief (or swashie > cleric), dorn, korgan, sarevok, edwin, haer'dalis

...for something fun and melee oriented

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,058
    Some candidates:
    Aerie (as you said you want her)
    Neera (wild magic lets Neera contend with Edwin for top spot as a pure Mage)
    Jan (his flasher bruisers are ridiculously OP as demonstrated by @semiticgod)
    Keldorn (because Carsomyr)

Which leaves one spot for, well, anyone. Rasaad or Korgan are the best choices. I'd go a Rasaad for alignment consistency but maybe try both. Can replace with Sarevok in ToB possibly.

PC should be a frontline character. I like FMC for this party but lots of things can work.

ekoletsemiticgod