Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Is there anyone still playing SF PnP RPGs?

FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
edited May 2015 in Off-Topic
As someone who played Traveller in the 80s and FASA Star Trek in the 90s, I suddenly got the urge to revisit my PnP days (partially triggered by playing Knights of PnP 2 on my iPhone). But an internet search hasn't revealed any currently supported game systems with a Science Fiction setting. The most recent appears to be the Serenity RPG. Even GURPs has fizzled.

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Okay, looks like a "no"! Although I remembered Fantasy Flight games are still producing a Star Wars PnP game, so someone must be playing it somewhere!

Must be the third set of PnP rules for the Star Wars setting. I played the WEG D6 version. The new "Rebels" cartoon seems very similar to the suggested setting and archetypes for that game.

• skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    Sci-fi systems my group plays reasonably frequently.

Shadowrun
    Star wars (d20)
    Wh40k role-play. (Not got dark heresy version 2 between us but got most the other systems. )

Other sci-fi systems we've used or tinkered with.
    Alternity WARS traveller battlelords. But most of these weren't finished or are hard to find now.

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I have a whole load of Traveller stuff from the 1980s somewhere, probably at the back of my parent's attic.