Skip to content

Is there anyone still playing SF PnP RPGs?

FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
edited May 2015 in Off-Topic
As someone who played Traveller in the 80s and FASA Star Trek in the 90s, I suddenly got the urge to revisit my PnP days (partially triggered by playing Knights of PnP 2 on my iPhone). But an internet search hasn't revealed any currently supported game systems with a Science Fiction setting. The most recent appears to be the Serenity RPG. Even GURPs has fizzled.

Comments

• FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Okay, looks like a "no"! Although I remembered Fantasy Flight games are still producing a Star Wars PnP game, so someone must be playing it somewhere!

Must be the third set of PnP rules for the Star Wars setting. I played the WEG D6 version. The new "Rebels" cartoon seems very similar to the suggested setting and archetypes for that game.
  • skinnydragonskinnydragon Member Posts: 110
    Sci-fi systems my group plays reasonably frequently.

Shadowrun
    Star wars (d20)
    Wh40k role-play. (Not got dark heresy version 2 between us but got most the other systems. )

Other sci-fi systems we've used or tinkered with.
    Alternity WARS traveller battlelords. But most of these weren't finished or are hard to find now.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I have a whole load of Traveller stuff from the 1980s somewhere, probably at the back of my parent's attic.