Skip to content

I've made too many custom pictures

EliteseraphEliteseraph Member Posts: 13
I have something on the order of 150 or so various custom portraits for Icewind Dale EE. I've taken a bunch of artwork that I've collected over the years and converted it to BMP files of the correct size for use with IWDEE. I have both the large and medium pictures made, according to the guide. They're tested and work. The styles of the pictures are mostly in a theme with fantasy, although there are a few exceptions. I limited myself to only high-quality pictures.

My only question is: What's the best way to share this awesomeness with the community? I could just dump all the files into a giant Imgur gallery, but it seems like there should be a better way. I very much want to share these excellent portraits for everyone's use.
Post edited by Eliteseraph on

Comments

• AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    Yeah I have a lot of custom pictures too so I know how you feel. You can never have enough, lol.

But on a serious note if you borrow art froman artist online make sure you get permission/credit to post the artwork on this site by the artist.
  • EliteseraphEliteseraph Member Posts: 13
    edited May 2015
    That's an excellent point.

Has there been issues in the past with this type of thing on these forums? I know most artists are generally happy as long as you give them credit. Some don't even care as long as you don't attempt to claim it as your own, or change it, or make profit from it.

99% of the artwork I find online comes from image sharing websites, such as Drawcrowd, Pixiv, and Deviantart. I'm assuming that if an artist posts their work there, they're trying to get exposure, or are happy to share their work with other people. Every one I've talked to has been that way, anyhow.

Although I probably shouldn't assume that's always the case.

Post edited by Eliteseraph on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    A note from the moderator:

We've been quite strict on these boards regarding posting the artwork and portraits. You can post them only if you give full description of who's an artist, where does it come from etc.

Please, respect the work of artists.
  • EliteseraphEliteseraph Member Posts: 13
    Point taken and agreed with.