Skip to content

Spell failure - Polymorphed self to squirrel how to reverse?

My Imoen now has 3 STRENGTH and 9 hit points.

Resting didn't wear out the effects. What is the spell to restore? Or is it bugged?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Dispel Magic.
  • TheWiSeFooLTheWiSeFooL Member Posts: 124
    elminster said:

Dispel Magic.

I tried remove magic already. Now I tried dispel magic and still hasn't worked.

edited June 2015
    Well Dispel Magic has a chance to work in BG2. Try it more than once? (it worked for me just now). Make sure of course its another party member casting it on Imoen.

Otherwise try going to a cleric (in a temple) and having it cast on her.

Are you running any mods? (including the workaround for Polymorph Other made by Tresset here http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/38370/11140-polymorph-other-should-transform-targets-to-squirrels-permanently)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Remove magic does not work on party members. Dispel magic does but the caster of the dispel magic must be higher lvl. You may visit a temple to try dispel magicks there.
    You can hit her with a dispelling weapon like arrow of dispelling, staff of the magi etc. Carsomyr may kill her, though. These always work dispel magic succesfully
    If all else fails, kill her gently. Don't use massive damage or she may be chunked. But then again I am not sure if squirrel form can be chunked. Anyway just magic missile her to death. Then bring her back with a raise dead spell. It should cure most conditions.
  • Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 614
    You could also try Cloak of the Sewers or Polymorph Self cast from a scroll. Morph into something else and then select the "natural" (human) form...that should work.
  • WesleyWesley Member Posts: 55

My Imoen now has 3 STRENGTH and 9 hit points.

Yeah, but I bet her dexterity is through the roof. And doesn't she gain an innate ability to remember which crate you stashed your loot in? Pretty valuable, IMO.
  • SampieroSampiero Member Posts: 31
    is the game soloable as a squirrel ? it would be a real challenge
    like, you steal the needed items and backstab the toes of your enemies
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    A solo squirrel run? Probably doable, sure.
    Sampiero said:

is the game soloable as a squirrel ? it would be a real challenge

I don't see how. All you need to do is team up with Boo and you'd be unstoppable.
    Play as a bard. Wands of Monster summoning for BG1. Scrolls for early BG2, then HLA traps for most of the rest of the adventure. Other encounters may require other tactics, for which we have Use Any Item.
    Squirrel form can't do anything ? No attack steal or whatever ?
    I'm drawing this from the vanilla files, so EE may be different, but squirrel form can attack for 1d2 damage. STR doesn't affect it. Also your STR, DEX, and CON are set to the squirrel's normal values. I'm pretty sure you can still steal things, and I'm all but positive you can use innate abilities and scrolls and wands. But spellcasting is indeed shut down.

Depending on your interpretation of the rules, a solo squirrel run could include shapeshifting into other forms, with which you could attack a bit better.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    What about initiating dialogue to progress the plot?
    You'd have to make an exception for the dialog thing.
    edited June 2015
    Hehe. Play the game similar to Tobias in Animorphs. You are stuck as a squirrel and can only briefly polymorph back into a human (for dialogue or spellcasting).
    edited June 2015
    I just tried it in BG:EE, and learned that you CAN initiate dialog while in the squirrel form! Look out, Sarevok!
    edited June 2015
    Sadly, you lose all special abilities, so no barbarian squirrel rage, or druid squirrels charming the animals of the Sword Coast forest to assemble nature's army. I wonder if there are any special dialogs when you talk to, say, the shadow druids as a squirrel? Can you imagine recruiting Viconia and having her explain herself to the squirrel?

Edited to add:
    No! After resting, abilities come back! Barbarian squirrel!
    Post edited by Wesley on