Skip to content

Suggestion: Icewind Dale No-reload threads?

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
I am wondering if the Beamdog team might allow IWD no-reload challenge and minimal-reload threads here? We have them in the Bioware boards for BG, but the team there ruthlessly forbids any discussion of anything IWD related.

If anyone new to BG doesn't know what a "no-reload" thread is, it's a thread where people set a few ground rules, and then attempt to finish the game without any reloading, and we post interesting screenshots, share strategy hints and tips, and encourage each other in victory and console each other in defeat. I've met several really good online friends there doing no-reload and minimal reload challenges together.

I've always wished I could find a few friends in a friendly forum to do the same thing with IWD. The official IWD boards have been dead for years.

Could people who love IWD as much as BG find a new home here? That would be awesome.

Comments

• TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Why discuting it on Bioware forum?? IWD, wasnt developed by Bioware
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Talvrae, thus the need for a home for IWD lovers who want to share no-reload challenges. We are a small, niche community, but those of us who like-mindedly love all Infinity Engine games seem to be coming together here in support of the entire group of games. It's very exciting to me.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited September 2012
    @Belgarath, I think theres a no reload challenge for IWD floating around on the gog.com forums. I think someone already did all the content of the first one in no reloads, which just proves that I can be done.

However, if they do let us have IWD no reload challenges, and minimal reload challenges here, that might be a good thing for the IWD fans.
    @SapphireIce101, thank you, my good friend. And welcome to the new BG (and other Infinity Engine games, hopefully) forums.

By way of introductions, if anyone reading this doesn't know, @SapphireIce101 is one the members of the no-reload experts club over at the old Bioware forums.

I'm so glad to see many of my online friends starting to check out all the activity here. @Bhyraen has practically joined the BG:EE development team, and I've seen @Humanoid_Taifun around. We need to get @CoreyRussel, @Gate70, @Blackmalkin, @UssNorway, and some of the other BG veterans to come over and check out the shiny new forums.
    Oh, I'm no no-reload expert. Heh. I'm more like the minimal reload challenge expert.

I've also been here a while too. I'm just a lurker. However, I have put some of my input in some of the poll threads.

Its also great to see some other old faces as well!
    edited September 2012
    LOL, nevertheless, I'm pleased to see a treasured old friend again. {{ hugs and pats @SapphireIce101 on the shoulders }}
    *Thumbs up.* That is true! However, we should probably talk about the awesome prospect of letting there be IWD and IWD2 no reload and minimal reload challenges. Heh.
    LOL. Are you saying I made an off-topic comment and derailed my own thread? To redirect: I wouldn't mind some kind of comment from a moderator letting us know if there is any objection to such a thread, if indeed there were any people interested.
  • hansolohansolo Member Posts: 136
    I'm all for it.
    IWD shares the same ruleset, engine and game setting, and thus has a lot in common with BG.
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    @belgarathmth Yes, I'm around. Somewhat. More or less. And I've already more posts than you. What are you doing with your life!?
    @Humanoid_Taifun, why, I'm wasting my life away sitting in my recliner playing and commenting about Infinity Engine games. Thank you for asking! :0

We need emoticons in here!
    edited September 2012
    [deleted because I'm an idiot]
    image I've got emoticons. (and this time one that doesn't break board rules)
    @Humanoid_Taifun, Nice emoticon!

@Belgarath, maaaaaaaybe. :P