Skip to content

Please direct me towards information

JwantstoplayJwantstoplay Member Posts: 10
Hi all. I'm guessing you've read something like this many times, but maybe not for a while. I bought the game at release but unfortunately couldn't play it (Intel integrated graphics I think).

I'm finally planning on buying a pc and the game is heavy on my mind. I really want to play bg:ee and finally introduce it to a friend of mine who hasnt already. Please can you help me have the most up to date information?

So a long as I have the graphical capability to use open gl 2.0 (for bg2:ee also) then I should be ok? I'm actually planning on getting a Amd motherboard with integrated graphics, but as I understand it its much better than Intel integrated (Radeon something I think). Unless I'm told otherwise Ill have more ram and faster cpu than needed, so I decided not to post the details.

Do I need to consider anything specific for multiplayer? I know how to connect to the net obviously but don't know if multiplayer is functioning or do I need any programs or knowledge of networking? I did some research back at release and while it was complicated I did nearly get it working (damn integrated graphics).

Is Mac and pc linking easy or possible now?

Thanks for any help, I'm willing to change my entire setup just to play this game. All the best.

Comments

• JwantstoplayJwantstoplay Member Posts: 10
    Any chance anybody could tell me which is the correct forum or person to ask please?
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @Jwantstoplay you might want to try asking this question in the main BGEE forum because this forum gets little traffic. I'll tag @Gate70 though because he is great at these types of questions.
    JwantstoplayJuliusBorisov
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681

So a long as I have the graphical capability to use open gl 2.0 (for bg2:ee also) then I should be ok? I'm actually planning on getting a Amd motherboard with integrated graphics, but as I understand it its much better than Intel integrated (Radeon something I think). Unless I'm told otherwise Ill have more ram and faster cpu than needed, so I decided not to post the details.

Yes.

Do I need to consider anything specific for multiplayer? I know how to connect to the net obviously but don't know if multiplayer is functioning or do I need any programs or knowledge of networking? I did some research back at release and while it was complicated I did nearly get it working (damn integrated graphics).

It's pretty straightforward now. Select Baldur's Gate -> Multiplayer and set the protocol to Beamdog.net if it's not already. You'll see a lobby with a list of existing games. Click on one to join or click Create Game to host your own.

Is Mac and pc linking easy or possible now?

Yes, linking between all supported platforms works now.
    Gate70JwantstoplayJuliusBorisov
  • JwantstoplayJwantstoplay Member Posts: 10
    Thanks both for the information and tagging.
    JuliusBorisov