Skip to content

Viconia romance bug

Hi all,

I got that bug where Vic is shouting at me for not sleeping with her even though I never got the dialogue giving me the choice.

Obviously the game has screwed up here, but can I just continue or do I need to tangle with ee keeper/clua commands to fix it?

Really hoping it's option A!

Thanks,

Snes W

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Without any details, it's hard to help here.

Remember that there's an important variable for managing a romance - the LoveTalk. It shows how far the romance has progressed.

There are two commands you should use to access the variable:

1) CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS") while holding the mouse pointer over the Viconia's portrait. Press return and the console will show you her romance rating. In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole.

2) CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“LoveTalk”,”LOCALS”,XX) which sets your love talk to a given rating, where XX is a number. (So if you have a bug you might be able to get things moving again. In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole.

You can set the stage of romance dialog to the variant needed for you.

Issuing a command like this: CLUAConsole:SetGlobal(“ViconiaRomance”,”GLOBAL”,1) - In BG2:EE you should type C instead of CLUAConsole - will trigger the next dialog providing all other conditions (location meeting characters etc) have been met. If nothing happens, simply type this command twice.

You should enable the console to use those commands. Open the baldur.ini file in your favorite text editor and add the following line:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

Press control-space to open the console.