Skip to content

Star Wars Battlefront: Multiplayer Gameplay | E3 2015 “Walker Assault” on Hoth

AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
edited June 2015 in Off-Topic
Oh, oh my. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up while watching this as I flash back to seeing the Battle of Hoth for the first time in my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Lost me with "multiplayer".
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    mlnevese said:

This is my sincere opinion as someone who doesn't like shooters and avoids multiplayer games as if they were the plague...

Absolutely amazing!

100% agree, this is not the type of game I normally like, but I still want to play this one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    cmk24 said:

mlnevese said:

This is my sincere opinion as someone who doesn't like shooters and avoids multiplayer games as if they were the plague...

Absolutely amazing!

100% agree, this is not the type of game I normally like, but I still want to play this one.
    and I agree as well~
    I've never played any of the Battlefield games and my limited experience with other modern shooters have left me at "meh."

I just hope they keep offline instant action mode since I played that like 99% of the time on Battlefront II.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Adso said:

Oh, oh my. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up while watching this as I flash back to seeing the Battle of Hoth for the first time in my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXU5k4U8x20

I can just see my computer trying to run this and then exploding mid menu :D
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    cmk24 said:

mlnevese said:

Absolutely amazing!

I haven't been following this at all. Is there any capacity to play this off line/single player? Even if it is just a bunch of random missions with a pack of AI controlled buddies, it could be good.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122

cmk24 said:

mlnevese said:

Absolutely amazing!

I haven't been following this at all. Is there any capacity to play this off line/single player? Even if it is just a bunch of random missions with a pack of AI controlled buddies, it could be good.
    I believe so, ie standalone missions single player or with friends.
    @Adso - thanks. I've not played any of the Battlefront games, nor any of the military focused FPS shooter line (call of Duty etc...). Just SO not my thing. And I am just horrible at PvP, so I wouldn't touch this if it were online coop/competitive only. But I am a big Star Wars Geek, so I might have to check this out. :smile:
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Considering the game *is* mostly focused on the online/multiplayer aspect, I wouldn't put down full price for it though. If it's anything like the previous Battlefields (my 15 year old nephew tells me), it'll have a single player campaign, but it'll be short, repetitive and unfulfilling.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Starcraft games manage to have fairly decent single player content, despite being mostly multiplayer focused.
    Drugar said:

Considering the game *is* mostly focused on the online/multiplayer aspect, I wouldn't put down full price for it though. If it's anything like the previous Battlefields (my 15 year old nephew tells me), it'll have a single player campaign, but it'll be short, repetitive and unfulfilling.

I've paid more for less, though usually not intentionally.