Skip to content

The Great Debate

2»

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    A lemonade :)

I don't know if it's even correct (is it just a lemon soda?) but it feels correct to me since in Finnish it's limonadi or limu. I'm not actually sure what I would call it in a restaurant for example but I avoid this problem by ordering beer :D
  • GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    edited June 2015
    Carbon is all pretty useless, you know. That's why it's literally all over the place. I find it somewhat amusing that you have invented so many words for it.

Frankly, had your species not enslaved itself to Dagon and other wannabe deities (if atheist, you could call them microbiota), you'd probably drink mostly blood, water and unhatched offspring of oviparous creatures. But let that not discourage you from watching cat videos and living through less than 1‰ of your potential lifespan (with a painful finish, too). After all, you have HIVs and Ebolas going for you, which is nice.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    Virgil’s Sodas, simply the best.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Poison?
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    edited June 2015
    In the real world, coffee. In my online world, Sunset Sarsaparilla is the drink of choice. edit/update: I misspelled it, which should teach me not to post from an iPad.

No matter what you want to call your beverage, be certain to thank Joseph Priestly for discovering the method by which carbon dioxide may be readily dissolved or infused into water.
    Post edited by Mathsorcerer on
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

No matter what you want to call your beverage, be certain to thank Joseph Priestly for discovering the method by which carbon dioxide may be readily dissolved or infused into water.

Who do we have to thank for figuring out how to readily dissolve methane and infuse that in water?

• MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037

Who do we have to thank for figuring out how to readily dissolve methane and infuse that in water?

Although methanol is very ancient, I think it was Boyle who came up with the first modern processes for producing methanol. Of course, "modern" from the 17th century isn't all that modern.

• Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    From 90210 to dissolving CO2 in water, what can't the man do?
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I'm surprised no southerners have come.out to vote for sodapop yet...
    When I was a JR in college, I had a professor from the Northeast who pronounced it "so-der." He also threw an "r" at the end of "idea."
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

He also threw an "r" at the end of "idea."

You mean like aye dear :)

• TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    CoryNewb said:

I'm surprised no southerners have come.out to vote for sodapop yet...

Coke's the far more common term in the south, if we're talking the US. http://twentytwowords.com/map-of-the-u-s-showing-what-people-call-sodapopcoke/

Wilbur said:

He also threw an "r" at the end of "idea."

You mean like aye dear :)

Exactly like that! Great phonetic representation!!!