Skip to content

Refreshing internet tab in a thread with multiple pages can sometimes land you on a different page

thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
Like for example, I could be browsing a thread where there are 3 total pages of posts. I go ahead and hit the 'refresh' button for my browser to reload the page I'm on for one reason or another, however I could be on page 2 and end up being on page 3 of the thread after refreshing the internet tab I'm on.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited June 2015
    When you're logged in and enter a topic by clicking on its title (as opposed to a page number), the URL has #latest appended to it. This brings you to the latest page with unread posts. That's why you jump to a later page when you refresh it. To get around this, you could enter a topic by clicking on a page number, but it won't jump you to the first unread post.
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited June 2015
    Jalily said:

When you're logged in and enter a topic by clicking on its title (as opposed to a page number), the URL has #latest appended to it. This brings you to the latest page with unread posts. That's why you jump to a later page when you refresh it. To get around this, you could enter a topic by clicking on a page number, but it won't jump you to the first unread post.

Is there a message board setting I can change with my account so this isn't the default behavior anymore? It's kinda annoying and there's not any other forum I use which does this (taking you to the page with unread posts), so it's kinda hard to remember that just for one forum sometimes.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No, there's no setting.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    And this is a very handy feature. Now when I come back from a period I've been away from the forum, this feature helps me a lot to get to the places where I left the discussions weeks ago.

I wouldn't like to change that behavior.