Skip to content

What does Abbil mean?

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Why does Viconia call me all these sexy Latino things which Google won't translate into English? It's very hard to be insulted or complimented when your 'slightly older (she's 27ish, I'm 17) attractive female on and off GF' is speaking Drow.

I want to propse, but she keeps confusing me with this lingo dog. Plus she's rude, luckily I'm masochistic enough to deal with it.

According to a helpful person at Gamebanshee, Abbil means: "Well-hung love puppet". If this is correct, what is the most effective way of saying "Mine is a-foot, but it won't be long"?

Comments

• ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    LOL -she speaks in drow, not spanish. I guess google translate isn't advanced enough to contain made up languages yet.
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    According to this website, it should mean: 'friend' or 'comrade.'
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    It means 'comrade'. You can find a drow/common translator here: http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited September 2012
    @ajwz Well that does explain much. I had a feeling it wasn't Spanish, mostly because she doesn't sound Spanish. I think Google should expand their horizons and cover languages like Drow, Morse Code and Klingon.

I still don't know if Abbil means "Well-hung love puppet". Can you let me know so I can say something equally as naughty and hope it gets me somewhere? I'd like to let her know how I feel. AHAHAHAH, GET IT?

P.S. Any volunteers to be my personal Drow translators, pay is $16 per hour? Just sign up on the application here.
    @Ward

The Drow for well-hung love puppet is jatha'la usulii ssinssrigg shel'zan
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600

jatha'la usulii ssinssrigg shel'zan

Someone call for me?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    "Comrade"? Whoa, I guessed it right!

jatha'la usulii ssinssrigg shel'zan

Someone call for me?
    Yes. Unfortunately it was Solaufein.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    *is confused* why not just put a word like "Palacinka" in the game and be done with it? One can always wonder I guess :P
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196

*is confused* why not just put a word like "Palacinka" in the game and be done with it? One can always wonder I guess :P

hahaha, since I'm czech, that would be kinda funny:)

• RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    Only drow word I need is iblith...
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606

Only drow word I need is iblith...

Might want to pick up wael too...
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I'll just run around yelling, "The Drow rule supreme!" From my interactions w/ Drow in BG, I'm led to believe this is the most common expression in their lexicon.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Ward said:

@ajwz Well that does explain much. I had a feeling it wasn't Spanish, mostly because she doesn't sound Spanish. I think Google should expand their horizons and cover languages like Drow, Morse Code and Klingon.

I still don't know if Abbil means "Well-hung love puppet". Can you let me know so I can say something equally as naughty and hope it gets me somewhere? I'd like to let her know how I feel. AHAHAHAH, GET IT?

P.S. Any volunteers to be my personal Drow translators, pay is $16 per hour? Just sign up on the application here.

Not sure if some kind of post-modern form of trolling...
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    g314 said:

Gawww, thats sweet. All these years i thought she was insulting me :3

• JolanthusJolanthus Member Posts: 292
    You should be replying "Xas jabbress?"
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122

g314 said:

Gawww, thats sweet. All these years i thought she was insulting me :3

Haha maybe she still does :p

At least she is not like Jaheria who goes around saying "Maudlin" far too much, like a child who has just learned a new word.