Skip to content

Emergency Assistance Required! :-)

Playing BG2/SOA but not EE.

So, I'm in the Planar Prison & I've killed almost everything but lost an NPC, Auren, who fell into one of the 'holes.'

I saved Auren's equipment & am ready to raise dead w/Anomen.

But, every time I try to sleep, I go thru the sleep sequence but the game freezes up as soon as I get to the part where I'd be able to start playing again. I'm well into the game so I don't lose this.

The Error Massage says, "An Assertion failed in ObjCreatureAI.cpp at line number 17023.

I have three saves, two of them doing this same thing every time.

I have an Auto Save that is before my party entered the prison & I could go back but I prefer to drive on. Help is appreciated so I can continue the butt whoopin'.

CKT

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    edited June 2015
    "Auren"? Is that from some mod you're playing?

Perhaps one possibility is to complete the Planar Prison without raising Auren, and then sleep to memorise Raise Dead after you escape from the Prison. If you've already "killed almost everything", then you ought to be close to escaping, so Auren wouldn't be missing out on too much if you just carry her along (dead) for a few more minutes.

BUT in case this doesn't work, first re-load your Auto-Save and make a normal (archive) Save, so that you'll have a point before the Prison to which you can go back if necessary (because your current Auto-Save will be replaced when you return from the Prison). Then Quickload back to where you were, and carry on.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Thanks.

Auren is an NPC offered by Gibberling's 3. I HAVE modded her however, to a class called 'Apprentice' that I got from a Multi Mod Pack. She is BRUTAL w/a long sword.

If you would like the link, I'm happy to share with you. I think I shared on here w/Black-Raven once in his no-reloead challenge. The pack has about 25 mods in it. Some of my favorites are: Apprentice, Amazon, Samurai (Valygar), Ninja (Yoshimo), Priest of Sylvanus (Jaheira) - individually optional.

I've also had great luck w/the Divine Remix Mod (adds some classes & NPCs) - individually optional.

I also use many of the NPCs G3 offers: Auren, Amber, Tyris Flare, Sarah, etc.

Thanks again. I'll try to make the run w/o her. I've still got the Tan'narri, the Cambion & a few elemental's but I can likely handle them. In the meantime, I'll 'save' the 'auto save.'
    I drove on & after killing the Tan'narri I was able to rest & bring Auren back. Good thing, b/c the Cambion (Warden) battle was a tough one. Whatever was hanging it up, didn't do so anymore. Makes me want to try to remember to keep more than just three saves... just in case!

Thanks for taking the time to help. CT
    Great, I'm glad that sorted itself out for you.

But yes, always keep a few saves handy! (I'm probably excessive about it myself, with hundreds of archive saves per run.)
    So...now I have another issue I can use assistance in correcting.

I am in Bodhi's maze in Spellhold Asylum & I have Dace's hand. The statue says the way is open.

But...I can't get through.

Any idea on how I can edit my way through this?
    Ah ... I recall that there was a bug which sometimes caused the statue not to open properly. I believe that it's one of the various problems which has now been fixed in the EE, but of course you've already mentioned that you're using the original game.

IIRC, it only happens some of the time. Perhaps if you re-load a little earlier (perhaps the battle with Dace would be far enough back ... I'm not sure), and play through again from there, then the statue might open correctly.

Someone else here might have a clearer recollection of how to work around this bug. I recall that it was possible to do so, but I don't recall details.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Can you teleport through it? Ctrl+J or something
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    I had that before, just went to an earlier save and did it again, worked that time. Is that an option for you?
    edited July 2015
    I was advised to save & quit my game & then:

1) Open the baldur.ini file in the installation folder.
    2) Under Folder Options @ the very top, I typed, Debug Mode=1 close & save.
    3) Restart my game as if I were getting ready to play
    4) Click both 'Ctrl' & 'spacebar' @ the same time
    5) a thing called the CLUA Console (for those of you who DON'T know & I didn't) it's just a small window that opens @ the very bottom on the play screen in which you can edit the game or move or whatever - I don't know what all it can do
    6) Then I typed: CLUAConsole:MoveToArea(''AR1514'')
    7) Hit enter & I was on the other side of the statue.

There's a link I was given, something like: http://gemrb.org/ies/ef.htm that contains all of the areas in the game, so if you ever get stuck, use this process. (that link doesn't work for me but it'll be close to that - looks like there might be some extra dots).

One word of warning, I play w/the regular SOA/ToB just as I still play Easy Tutu. I have both games in the EE Version but I prefer the various mods I use that allow me to tailor the game like I like it (more AD&D based) & EE isn't able to do those things.

Many of you may know of Blackraven. He and I are on a number of the same BG sites & I want to give him all the credit for this. He's the one that helped me out - as he has many times in my BG history. CT
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    CTRL-J will get you past the giant head, but I don't know if the loading zone behind it will be there if you haven't opened up the head normally. It's possible for loading zones to appear and disappear based on plot stuff.