Skip to content

Favorite things about IWD:EE

VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
I'm not sure if there is a thread like this but I saw a thread along the lines of things that are worst about IWD:EE and I had an idea for a thing and so started this.

So far my favorite thing about IWD:EE is playing a Necromancer Cleric/Mage. I feel like it's cool having so many undead to use your turn undead ability on and I think it's SUPER HYPE to go and enter long abandoned tombs and crypts to find Necromancy spells. I feel like a cool death priest that's discovering forgotten arcane necromancy lore and adding it to my spell list. The limited scrolls are also making each of my arcane spellcasters very diverse. My bard focuses on long buffs and things like identify, my illusionist/Thief is getting all the neat debuff spells and Illusion spells, and then my Cleric/Mage is getting the cool blasty and necromancy spells.

So, what are all of your favorite things about IWD:EE over similar games?

Comments

• GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    edited July 2015
    For me its discovering all the subtle references to R.A Salvatore's novels (Even if the games are set many years before the events of the books).

This for example is an obvious reference to Regis, Drizzt's Halfling companion who actually does end up as the mayor of Lonelywood, albeit for a brief time.

• SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited July 2015
    Kits, just having kits, because now I can try pretty much any combo I want in one run.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    The 'disable cosmetic attacks' option. My god I love that.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Finding the different class/race-specific dialogue. Little touches like that deserve an A+.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Nimran said:

Finding the different class/race-specific dialogue. Little touches like that deserve an A+.

Most of that is actually in the original :)
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Gotta go with quickloot bar myself. I'm making my way through IWD2 at the moment and the lack of it is probably one of the biggest things I notice.
  • GenryuGenryu Member Posts: 372
    elminster said:

Gotta go with quickloot bar myself. I'm making my way through IWD2 at the moment and the lack of it is probably one of the biggest things I notice.

Agreed. That and the fact the highlight objects key is now alt rather than tab, I still cannot get used to that!

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    elminster said:

Nimran said:

Most of that is actually in the original :)
    Maybe so, but I've never played the original. :blush:

• sorcerinsorcerin Member Posts: 58
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by sorcerin on