Skip to content

Installing mods

KleoBonesKleoBones Member Posts: 3
Theres a list of BG2EE compatible mods on the forum. But when I try to install them, I get a message that it is not in the correct directory. I can't seem to find the proper directory (it did not come up as default) and apparently it is not the directory called Balder's Gate 2 Enhanced Edition. Can someone please advise me on where the proper game directory is located?

Comments

• KleoBonesKleoBones Member Posts: 3
    After attempting to install the mods, I now cannot run the game (even after reinstalling it). Just as Imoen comes out I receive an error that it "cannot locate 'time received' on table 'quests.' Anyone know how I can fix this.
  • ojthesimpsonojthesimpson Member Posts: 121
    I have same problem cept command prompt fricking closes before I can see what the error is. how do I install these mods. I followed the instructions on this site and all I get is a command prompt that instantly closes after I open it. The mods Im trying are the bg2 tweak pack and duskblade kit (love that OP kit)
  • KleoBonesKleoBones Member Posts: 3
    I tried tweakpack and he deArnise romance. but I"m more concerned that I can't even play Plain Jane now.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Can you tell the forumites on which OS and platform you run the game ?

On Windows, using either the Beamdog Standalone installer or the Beamdog Client, I unpack the weidu mods under the 00783 (sub)directory so that their setup-"modname".exe file is under that directory. This directory also contains the chitin.key file. Its name is perhaps different on other platforms, that's why you have to provide more information if you want people to help you.
    The weidu version has to be 235+ IIRC but it can auto-update by overriding itself with another, more recent, version found in the same directory.
    If you use a non weidu mod, the installation procedure will be different (generally a copy-paste of files), see their readmes.
    im running windows 8.1 and put all the weidu mods in the 007833 folder i open the setup-duskblade file and command prompt opens than closes instantly. Tweakpack lets me select the directory 007833 to install it, unpacks it than closes instantly when command prompt (ms-dos) loads to install it. I am on patch 1.3
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

im running windows 8.1 and put all the weidu mods in the 007833 folder i open the setup-duskblade file and command prompt opens than closes instantly. Tweakpack lets me select the directory 007833 to install it, unpacks it than closes instantly when command prompt (ms-dos) loads to install it. I am on patch 1.3

If you are referring to the bg2_tweaks-v16.exe modfile then your problem is not related to the mod itself. Perhaps the OS rights/permissions set on the directory tree.
    Musigny said:

If you are referring to the bg2_tweaks-v16.exe modfile then your problem is not related to the mod itself. Perhaps the OS rights/permissions set on the directory tree.
    thank u
    i have windows 8.1 how do i fix this?

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Don't install the game under "Program Files". When you install, give it a custom location like C:\Games\. That should avoid the UAC issues.
    k. I got my game through beamdog. how do I reinstall it without .... downloading the whole deal again?