Skip to content

Disappearing gear post Neera arena fight

FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
I don't know if this is a bug, but I'll report it anyway. It occurred during the arena fight, the second combat of Neera's BG2 quest. During the fight, Keldorn was killed. He was perfectly resurrectable, and we did so without problem, but his gear had vanished. I went over the whole room inch by inch, and even slept there for a day to let the dead bodies vanish, but no luck finding his stuff. I thought maybe it was well hidden by terrain, and I was just not seeing it.

When I mentioned this on the forums, someone said that the arena was the same one used in Black Pits 2, and that dead foes there didn't drop loot, so perhaps it was a bug where this feature carried over to party characters in the Neera quest line. I figured I'd report it and let you folks check it out. Thanks.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited July 2015
    Do you have a save at that point which you could zip and attach for inspection @FrdNwsm

For BPII I thought party members did drop their gear and it was transported with the party at the end of combat but I wouldn't have expected that to happen in the main campaign. There are a couple of things you can do.
    - Use the Quickloot bar (red diamond to the left of the text box, and walk around the arena. Any dropped items should show up there whether hidden by terrain or not.
    - Check the room to the west to see if the gear was transported for whatever reason.
    Thanks
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Alas, no I didn't save the game. Nor did I head to the west; first time doing that scenario, I didn't even know there WAS a room to the west.

Also, I never seem to have any luck trying to zip a file.

I'll do that fight again and see what happens.