Skip to content

[SPOILERS] Buttercheese's Forgotten Doodles

Comments

• ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited March 2017
    Was in the mood to put together some character boards, so here're Lady and Andrea Fildret.

“Do not mistake me for a fool simply because I dress better than you.”

Sources: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

“Isn’t all of this awfully exciting? It’s like we are the heroes in one of those stories about … well, heroes!”

Sources: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Troodon80JuliusBorisovbrus
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    I love those character boards :O How do you go about making them?
    Buttercheese

Here is the tutorial I initially went by.

What I mainly do differently is that instead of adjusting all colours seperately, I use the coloured squares as a filter (though that sometimes of course isn't enough, in which case I *do* have to alter things manually, like sharpening, contrast and all that jazz).

Also, that tutorial goes into how you shouldn't use Pinterest because of sourcing, but finding the source of an image there only takes one or two clicks (and for everything else there's reversed google image search). I personally find Pinterest super handy for making these boards, for a number of reasons.
    If you need inspiration I suggest browsing the character aesthetics tag on tumblr.

A basic understanding of how the image editing software of your choosing works is of course a must (I personally use Gimp).
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,456
    Oh, I use gimp, too. Neat n_n

Thanks for the links, I may make a few for my primary characters.
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaak
    edited March 2017
    And here is the second origin story, this time for Anabell. Her full name is Anabell Vindis now.
    Trigger warning for implied rape.

Bhaalspawn Origins: Anabell

The baby was less than a day old when her mother left her atop the steps to the temple. The young parent was sobbing when she laid the raven-haired infant down. She never wanted this child and she had kept the pregnancy a secret from everyone around her. She didn’t even know the name of the father or who he was. A stranger had just suddenly appeared in her room in the middle of the night nine months ago and vanished again after he’ve had his way with her.

Not a word came over the woman’s chapped lips this grey morning in spring. She just looked down at the baby while tears ran down her round cheeks. When the child started to cry, she quickly turned around and ran away through the cold morning mist.

The priests at the temple worshipped Lathander the Morninglord and it was part of their daily routine to get up before sunrise to prepare the morning prayers. So it didn’t take long before one of them heard the cries of the newborn and went looking to see where the noise came from.

And so this temple in the caravan town of Scornubel became the little girl’s new home. The priests named her Anabell and she moved in with Dawnmaster Rala Vindis, who lived across the street with her wife Hehnin. The couple was already in their late 50s, with children of their own, but those had long moved out. Having little Anabell around certainly Made things a lot more lively at the household and the small temple, which was more of a glorified shrine really. Especially in the first few months it wasn’t uncommon to see Dawnmaster Rala nodding off during the morning prayers because Anabell had kept her awake at night.

The years that followed were happy years for the girl and her new found family. The Vindis’ took good care of her and taught her the ways of Lathander. The two mothers very much enjoyed having the girl around, since the both of them only had sons, which meant they didn’t get to enjoy a lot of the typical mother-daughter activities. Anabell very much enjoyed baking, dancing and music, including singing, even though she wasn’t particularly good at it.

When her parents were too busy with work, she’d usually spend her time at the temple and would sometimes pester the visitors. She was always especially happy when adventurers and bards came by, who she would ask to tell her stories. But by far her favourite visitors where the paladins who occasionally came by. She just loved everything about them, the heroism, the shining suits of armor, the glamour. There was one particular knight who came by more or less regularly whom she had a secret crush on. Well, or at least she thought it was a secret, to everyone else it was pretty obvious.

But things of course weren’t meant to stay so happy for ever. It was in the middle of the night, when the men and women in the purple and black robes came for young Anabell. Quietly as cats they snuck into the house and snatched the then nine-years-old girl away. She cried out for help, for her mommies, but they didn’t come. Why, she didn’t know. She couldn’t know. The robed figures knocked her unconscious to shut her up took her away, away from Scornubel, away to the north.
    Post edited by Buttercheese on
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakTroodon80
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Buttercheese , is there a place to give feedback/bug reports for the game?
    ButtercheeseCrevsDaakTroodon80
    edited April 2017
    @ThacoBell Yes, you can either send them to me via PM and I'll hand them over to the lead or you can drop a message over at our blog (you don't need to register).

PS: Also, thank you very much for playing :'O
    CrevsDaakTroodon80ThacoBell
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Thanks much!
    CrevsDaakButtercheeseTroodon80
    No no no, thank you.
    ThacoBellTroodon80CrevsDaak