Skip to content

[SPOILERS] Buttercheese's Forgotten Doodles

1111213141517»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited September 2017
    Daw, look at the little furry spider. It just wants some cuddles. Tarantulas are the puppies of the spider world.

*Edited to conform to thread rules*
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
    @Buttercheese Noted, sorry about that.
    Buttercheese
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited September 2017
    It's okay, but could you edit the post please.

PS: I know it seems stupid, but seeing reposts and other images here bugs the hell out of me and it makes me not wanting to post at all here (which is why I haven't posted in so long tbh.) That's why I've put that rule in the start post.
    Done! Also, welcome back. :smile:
    Buttercheesetbone1lolien
    Confirmed: Alora dyes her foot hair. The berries growing on that bush are fairly rare, as they are the ONLY way to get that lovely shade of pink that she so enjoys.
    tbone1ButtercheeselolienJuliusBorisov
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Buttercheese ... You love Lone Wolf too? I'm in shock! You are like the perfect person given mortal form. I love the picture of Banadon! Is he holding the crystal star pendent to his chest?
    Buttercheese
    edited November 2017
    @Anduin Iiii am afraid I am gonna have to disapoint you, Arv is the one who chooses the books,
    I had never heard of Lone Wolf before we started the current series >.>
    I myself only ever played one choose-your-own-adventure book in my life, it was a solo adventure for The Dark Eye.

But I am really glad you like it! And yes, that is the pendant :smiley:
    Anduin
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited December 2017
    I thoroughly recommend them (the Lone Wolf books, although you can now download the entire original collection on an app). Gary Chalk was the original illustrator, but he had a very specific style. He would annotate each picture with symbols and iconography in keeping with the books. He also never, ever, ever showed Lone Wolf's face (although other artists in the series did)

Lone Wolf usually looks like a pinker long haired He-Man when he is drawn. Banedon is usually the dark one.

I really like your imagining of them both. Especially Banedon. He is written as a character that really feels pain and emotion, but Gary Chalk always drew him as slightly aloof and uncaring (plus massive hands).

If I had one critique to give, I would say it was Lone Wolf's legs. He walks everywhere... FOR MILES. They should be the size of tree trunks. Also his favoured weapon is the axe. The Somerswerd the sword of the sun is gigantic as it belonged to the ancients (The Shianti) and is basically carried strapped to his back.
    Buttercheese
    Well, I think we are gonna play multiple books in the series. I drew Lone Wolf based on this cover art. Usually I design the looks of the protagonist myself, but since there already existed a design, well >.> Personally I would have made him look more shaolin monk-ish, since his background is inspired by that, but yeah. I only found out about the axe afterwards. (I go into these streams completely unbriefed.)

I wish we could do the DSA (TDE) book I mentioned above at some point for the stream ("Das Schiff in der Flasche") but as far as I know there doesn't exist an english translation for it :(