Skip to content

XP cheat

Can you grant a certain amount at once say 161,000 which I believe is the cap all at once or do you have to do it in increments as you enter each area? I tried it as a test and entered 300,000. When I went to the next area, I entered the next amount that would level me up, but it didn't work. I just want to understand is all. I'm on a Mac OS Mavericks 10.10.4

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Erm ... levelling up is nothing to do with entering new areas. What are you trying to achieve?
  • Meri20098Meri20098 Member Posts: 31
    Sorry I didn't explain it well.

The SetCurrentXP cheat. How many times can you use it?

I edited the ini file but I can only seem to use it once. I tried to enter it a second time after I leveled up and entered a new area but it didn't work, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. I want to get to the level cap but I can't seem to get the cheat right to do it (just experimenting really)
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    There is an XP cap in BGEE of 161,000 xp. In BG2EE, that limit is raised to 8,000,000 xp. You can try to set the higher number, but it will be immediately reduced to the cap.

There are various mods that can be downloaded that will remove these xp caps, but someone else would need to chip in with where to find them, I play un-modded.
  • Meri20098Meri20098 Member Posts: 31
    I understand that. I'm mad at myself because I feel like I can't get the explanation right.

So let's say you use the XP cheat to get 30,000 XP. Then you try to use it again to get 161,000. However the second time it doesn't take. It says something in the window where characters talk and stuff that too much is going on and the cheat is invalid. However I know how to enter it. C:SetCurrentXP("161,000")

I'll post a picture tomorrow if needed.