Skip to content

Monk Rebalancing Per Handbook - Solutions

2»

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We were talking about that in the beta forums, actually. I don't know that they should, or if they should, it shouldn't be until much later in their advancement. That's one of the downsides of playing a monk (not being able to hurt everything with your super-powerful fists of death), and I don't know that monks have trouble hitting very many things anyway by that point.

+4 definitely, though. Maybe +5 at level 35 or higher?
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited November 2012
    They hit +4 at 25.

Considering the array of +5 weapons in the game I don't see how giving Monks +5 is out of the question.

Updated Fist :)
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    Having +5 fists wouldn't serve any purpose, really. I don't remember anything in the game being immune to better than +4... I think Improved Cloak does it, but for a single round, so no being able to bypass it wouldn't change anything.

If anything, I think the enchantment level progression could be a little bit faster. Waiting to be level 12 to hit stone golems isn't that bad, but by that point you could've freed Castle De'Arnise and got some +3 weapons for your party already...
    edited November 2012
    With extra combat info on, I see in BG2 Monks receive the + enhancement to their attack rolls, but they do not receive it to their damage rolls.

According to BG:EE, Monks are supposed to receive the + enchantment to both damage and atk rolls. However, extra combat info does not work in BG:EE.

Also, in BG:EE I'm hitting for 1 damage (9-8 --whatever that means)on a Monk with 3-8 damage. I want to be able to show the extra information to figure out why I'm losing damage.

*edit* OK I see the 9-8 is due to enemy going below 0 HP.

Finally, in BG2 you gain a bonus from attack of opportunity to your atk and dmg roll, which is from Goblins using ranged attacks on me.. You also receive a +atk bonus for Luck. So that explains some things for me.

@Aosaw do you know about extra combat info in BG:EE?

Post edited by bigdogchris on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I don't, sadly. I don't do a whole lot on the debugging end. But I'll tag... @Cuv, who seems to know a little bit more about these things than I do.
  • AlexRmFAlexRmF Member Posts: 20
    as people mentioned, I don't agree with the no-boots thing... you're a monk, not a beggar not to wear boots. everything else sounds good and I'd play a mod with your improvements
    edited December 2012
    AlexRmF said:

as people mentioned, I don't agree with the no-boots thing... you're a monk, not a beggar not to wear boots. everything else sounds good and I'd play a mod with your improvements

No boots doesn't mean bare foot. There are no sandals/shoes equipment in the game, just like having no armor doesn't mean your bare chested.