Skip to content

Whats the most amount of time you have spent rolling a character's stats?

2»

Comments

• mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    I'm not hardcore enough to go with the first roll and I get bored after about 5-10 minutes.
  • KarrieKarrie Member Posts: 8
    I never rerolled for 12 hours, I only went as far as 3 hours.
    Listening to the Nyan Cat song at the same time helped. I think.
  • HerrderGezeitenHerrderGezeiten Member Posts: 139
    It get hard when the eyes starting to burn,..
    It get more frustrating when i pushed the roll button to fast -> god stats DAMN!!!
    But i can`t stop.
    Just one point more,...

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited September 2012
    I sometimes take the first roll. I just got a 96 roll on a female elf ranger, and it only took maybe 5 rolls to get it :) That has to be the least time it has ever taken me to get a roll above 90 with so little rolls. It is also only 1 less than my best roll ever of 97 with a ranger/cleric multiclass.

Post edited by elminster on
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    It's funny because my best rolls tend to occur during the first 10 rolls. My best roll (after redistributing the points) for my Human Necromancer is 8/18/15/18/17/18. I know it's lame, but I'm thinking about importing the CHAR file into BG:EE. She's been my staple character for so long!
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    As long as it takes!!!

You know what that means :P
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    For a ranger? It usually takes me about five minutes to get an array that I can finagle into an 18/18/18/10/14/10 grouping. If I'm feeling lucky, sometimes I can manage to turn that 14 into an 18 and put a couple extra points in Charisma.

For just about anything else, I try to get an 18 in three stats; whether it's Dex, Con, and Int, or Str, Dex, and Cha, depends on the class and the build I'm going for.

I once spent an entire afternoon on a Saturday avoiding chores because I was rolling ability scores. I finally got something that I liked. And then I died without saving.
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    I would say from 10 to 30 minutes maximum. IMO, I think 30 minutes rolling is more than enough.
  • I'm still rolling.
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    My best roll was a 99 for a half-elf Ranger that I used on my first BG playthrough.