Skip to content

Wild Surge: "What's that? Over there!"

I'm in an area in Watcher's Keep where whenever a spell is cast, it automatically has a wild surge effect. Well, I just had one that had one of my caster's saying "What's that? Over there!" but other than that nothing happened. However, I'm paranoid that something horrible is going to happen somewhere down the line, so can anyone tell me what exactly is this effect supposed to be? I've looked up several wild surge tables, but none of them mentioned an effect like this.

Comments

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    Wild magic always has immediate effect when it has one, don't worry.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    If I remember right, all that wild surge does is turn the caster around to a random direction after getting that surge.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    One of wild magic affects is to do nothing at all, if nothing happened after the spell was cast, them you're safe.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    A floating spirit image (the instant death animation from death spells and vorpal hits) appears somewhere random and the caster turns to that direction, thinking he/she had seen a ghost. Is all.
  • DragonKingDragonKing Member Posts: 1,977
    lunar said:

A floating spirit image (the instant death animation from death spells and vorpal hits) appears somewhere random and the caster turns to that direction, thinking he/she had seen a ghost. Is all.

In other words, its the angel of death that takes you if you look at it :persevere: