Skip to content

Bhaalspawn Lore to be addressed in SoD?

2»

Comments

• Mikey205Mikey205 Member Posts: 307
    Lifat said:

Mikey205 said:

It would be nice to have some dialogue with companions looking back at BG1. There's a lot that happens, and BG2 doesn't really focus on it, understandably. I would definitely like to see some growth with Imoen (she seems a lot less immature in BG2). NPC project kind of does it slightly (e.g. There's a dialogue where you can pretend to be paranoid that Jaheira and Khalid might have known all along and the Dynaheir romance creates a lot of foreshadowing and then goes into it a bit once all is revealed).

I'd love that aswell, but I fear that it might fall into the category of beamdog not being allowed to change any of the original content. (not sure here, just wondering). Doesn't mean that they couldn't do it for their own original characters of course... At least we can dream about that.
    Of course, in the long run I'd really like beamdog to turn a profit. Both because I think they deserve it, and because I have a faint hope that they might continue to make more games for us in this same style if they do make a profit.
    I hope the contract allows them to add new content that looks back at previous events. They confirmed that they're going to be fleshing out original characters significantly to make them deeper in the livestream today.

Either way though NPC project exists and it looks like the new expansion will add more continuity to the experience so I feel it's going to be an enriched experience either way. I just hope they don't introduce any content that makes NPC project feel invalid.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Mikey205 said:

Lifat said:

Mikey205 said:

It would be nice to have some dialogue with companions looking back at BG1. There's a lot that happens, and BG2 doesn't really focus on it, understandably. I would definitely like to see some growth with Imoen (she seems a lot less immature in BG2). NPC project kind of does it slightly (e.g. There's a dialogue where you can pretend to be paranoid that Jaheira and Khalid might have known all along and the Dynaheir romance creates a lot of foreshadowing and then goes into it a bit once all is revealed).

I'd love that aswell, but I fear that it might fall into the category of beamdog not being allowed to change any of the original content. (not sure here, just wondering). Doesn't mean that they couldn't do it for their own original characters of course... At least we can dream about that.
    Of course, in the long run I'd really like beamdog to turn a profit. Both because I think they deserve it, and because I have a faint hope that they might continue to make more games for us in this same style if they do make a profit.
    I hope the contract allows them to add new content that looks back at previous events. They confirmed that they're going to be fleshing out original characters significantly to make them deeper in the livestream today.

Either way though NPC project exists and it looks like the new expansion will add more continuity to the experience so I feel it's going to be an enriched experience either way. I just hope they don't introduce any content that makes NPC project feel invalid.
    On this, I think we are in absolute agreement. And wonderful news you are sharing with me here.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

About that shining lady I think she is the villian in Dark alliance the console game ...

Chris Avellone WAS the Designer on Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and BG DID bring him over for his input on SoD, so you might have a point there OP.
    If it turns our to be that way. I don't think any of my good align characters will be able to kill her.