Skip to content

Abrupt Ending of BG1

One little annoying problem with BG1 is that the ending is rather abrupt, and you don't have time to go back and do stuff at the end of the final fight.
How will this affect and be affected by SoD?
Is it still game over after killing sarevok? or will it have some transitional cutscene?
My personal preference would be for some moment where you are in control of your party again after the final fight (even if you can't get back to main game) to enable sorting out of characters after the final fight. at the moemnt, as things stand, usually characters are exported with thier status as it was before the final fight rather than afterwards

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I'd guess the transitional cutscenes in this case would be BG1's ending movie followed by SoD's intro movie. Just like the transition between SoA and ToB.

I don't think they are going to change the current behavior. There's only one item that you take away from the final battle anyway (Sarevok's Sword of Chaos), which could be added to your inventory via a script that also ressurrects any party members killed during the final battle.

But what I really think will happen is that the only to continue on to SoD is by importing your final savegame, just like starting a HoW game in IWD.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Kilivitz said:

I'd guess the transitional cutscenes in this case would be BG1's ending movie followed by SoD's intro movie. Just like the transition between SoA and ToB.

I don't think they are going to change the current behavior. There's only one item that you take away from the final battle anyway (Sarevok's Sword of Chaos), which could be added to your inventory via a script that also ressurrects any party members killed during the final battle.

But what I really think will happen is that the only to continue on to SoD is by importing your final savegame, just like starting a HoW game in IWD.

If I understand you last sentence correctly then I *think* you are wrong (with that sentence only, agree with
    the rest ^^).
    Since you can start directly in SoD (with one of three standardised partys) you can technicly import every
    single one of your characters with simply importing from a characterfile or a saved game.

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Sorry, missed a word in there. I meant to say that "the only way to continue [a campaign from BG1 to SoD] is by importing your final savegame."
    Arcanis said:

Since you can start directly in SoD (with one of three standardised partys) you can technicaly import every single one of your characters with simply importing from a characterfile or a saved game.

But how does SoD start? Is there a Character Arbitration screen (similar to IWD) or do you start alone and then recruit your party after an initial dialogue or something?

I haven't watched the entire gameplay demo so I don't know if they've shown what happens right after character creation.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Kilivitz said:

Sorry, missed a word in there. I meant to say that "the only way to continue [a campaign from BG1 to SoD] is by importing your final savegame."

Arcanis said:

Since you can start directly in SoD (with one of three standardised partys) you can technicaly import every single one of your characters with simply importing from a characterfile or a saved game.

But how does SoD start? Is there a Character Arbitration screen (similar to IWD) or do you start alone and then recruit your party after an initial dialogue or something?

I haven't watched the entire gameplay demo so I don't know if they've shown what happens right after character creation.
    I admit to not having played IWD for a longer amount of time.. Never got into it, sorry x_x

I assume that the transition is similiar to ToB. There it was like this: Ending of SoA (Ellesime talks, Irenicus
    video) and then you are in the first area (with an intro vid iirc).
    The difference would be that you not only start with equipment but also already have 5 party members
    who killed Sarevok with you (lore wise).
    They only said something about starting groups, so I *assume* that you start with them (sorry
    forgot the exact wording and it is nearly midnight, so I won't watch it again today =D )
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I assume... You start inside the Duchal palace with fellow adventures / problem solvers also being invited...

Although, there was mention of a shifty looking door at the Sorcerer's Sundries...