Skip to content

Killed Drizzt, his stuff is not good enough :(

So I'm going to almost finish this game, and I thought: "This is the perfect oportunity to kill the hero the sword coast needs." So I naturally I killed Drizzt.
Sadly, all of his stuff is worst (not by a lot but it does affect negatively my stats) than everything I got equipped in my characters T_T.
So in conclusion, the exp was ok, but is the gold worth it when I already have more gold than everyone on Baldur's gate?
At least I only lost 2 rep points so it's something?

Comments

• TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    That's why it's the best to kill him much earlier. Especially, if you have a Fighter/Thief in your party, so that he/she could benefit from Drizzt's chainmail, which lets them use thieving skills while wearing it.

If you don't benefit much from killing him, there's no need to do so, he's a nice guy.
    lolienSmilingSwordGrumDJKajuru
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    The best weapons in the game (+3 scimitars that give AC bonus and fire resistance, both very useful) and really good armor for a fighter/thief. For the right character those items are amazing.

At the very least get Montarion a pip in scimitars so he can use one of them and the armor. Or heck...Minsc! He'll get to sneak around in the armor, and can dual wield both blades.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The swords are the best in BG1. If they make your stats worse it's because you don't have proficiency in scimitar.

The armour is the best armour in the game for a stealth character like a thief or ranger.
    Quartz
  • JomberwigJomberwig Member Posts: 8
    Might as well sell his blades and get the extra loot then. Although going back to original BG his swords are good! Haven't played EE for a while, so I'm not sure how they compare to some of the newer stuff, but a pair of 3+ scimitars aren't bad?
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2015
    Sounds like what you need is someone who has proficiency in using Scimitars. Having Minsc put some points in Scimitars cus of his dual wielding can go really well, and since he's good aligned he can use Twinkle which is one of the best weapons you can find anywhere in the game. Getting free armor class from a powerful weapon can make someone an excellent tank even while dual wielding.

Even if you're an evil party who doesn't have someone who could use Twinkle, his Frostbrand Scimitar plus Rashad's Talon should be more than enough for dual wielding Scimitars, as there isn't much in the first game that matches dual wielding +3 and +2 weapons. The Mythril Chainmail is like icing on the cake for anyone who doesn't have a high Strength, or is a multiclass Thief that wants to use thieving skills while wearing great armor. It also makes great armor for Bards even if they can't cast spells with it, or Barbarians who can't wear plate mail.

I dunno, if you're at the point in the game where getting his Scimitars doesn't benefit you, it's probably cus you don't care about the extra armor class and fire resistance as well as having spent all your weapon proficiencies elsewhere. If you have mastery in something like Long Swords then it'll seem like the Scimitars aren't all that good when you swap one in for your long lword, since the scimitar isn't getting that proficiency bonus (and likely a to hit penalty) but your long sword is getting those skill bonuses.

Exactly how long did you wait to kill Drizzt though? His area can be accessed fairly early in the game and you seem familiar with him being present in the game, he's not hard to find. There's also a side quest in Beregost that leads you down to Drizzt's area, though if you're killing Drizzt it's much easier if you get the Boots of Speed first outside the Cloakwood Mines.
    Post edited by thelovebat on
    Grum
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218

Grum said:

Or heck...Minsc! He'll get to sneak around in the armor, and can dual wield both blades.

Sneak!?

Minsc does not hide from evil! Evil hides from Minsc's boot!
    Well then again, Minsc thinks night time is good for sneaking up on evil. :tongue:
  • FrancoisFrancois Member Posts: 452
    edited August 2015

Grum said:

Or heck...Minsc! He'll get to sneak around in the armor, and can dual wield both blades.

Sneak!?

Minsc does not hide from evil! Evil hides from Minsc's boot!
    ''Ah, nighttime. Good for sneaking up on evil!''

About the weapons, if I was an evil fighter I don't think I would want to use a weapon called ''twinkle''...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    plus his chainmail is the best armor for barbarians and bards as well
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Twinkle is the best sword in the game. +3 enchantment and -2 AC? Yeah you have to be good and be able to use scimitars but that's a given really.
    sarevok57