Skip to content

Can't find Saemon in brynnlaw

nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
After retrieving the horn, I can't find Saemon near the docks. I see that there's a bug with him not appearing, is this fixed? If not is there a workaround to this issue without skipping the Underdark?

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Console command is C:SetGlobal("HelpGinia","GLOBAL",1)
    or zip and attach a save.
    Thanks
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Is there a no cheat way to solve this? I'm on the iPad version and it doesn't look like save export has made it into bg2ee yet.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    The only way I'm aware of is if something like iFunbox works for you (reports here indicate it no longer works for most people). Other than that, it is either wait for BGII:EE to get the save export or head back into Spellhold and take the tunnel which means the City of Caverns is not visited.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    Well I was playing a monk so was trying to get the gauntlets in the sahuagin caves. So I guess this game is over
  • WolfhouseWolfhouse Member Posts: 4
    Saemon help for somebody who can't hack his way out of a paper bag-

I am playing this on an iPad and nothing I do makes Seymon appear at his ship. Could ANYBODY PLEASE guide me step by step on how to fix this? Please please please? I'll be your best friend. Hell, I'll send a twenty to the first person who can resolve this- and please remember, I've never even used one of these forums before, much less gone into an OS. I'm a reasonably clever guy...but this is just way way way outside my skill set.

THANKS-!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    This should work, @Wolfhouse:-

1) Go back to a save before you entered Spellhold.

2) Find Ginia in Brynnlaw (usually at far right-hand end of town).

3) Speak to Ginia to get her side-quest.

4) Successfully complete Ginia's side-quest (by speaking to Calahan after speaking to Ginia, then confronting Chremy, then reporting back to Ginia) before entering Spellhold.

5) Go to Spellhold and complete it as before.

6) Now when you return to Brynnlaw, Saemon Havarian should appear at the docks at the agreed time.

Of course this'll mean re-playing several hours of game, but if you can't access the game-files on your iPad (which I hear Apple have now locked you out of doing) to edit the relevant variable, then re-playing the Brynnlaw/Spellhold sequence may be your only solution.