Skip to content

[Not an Issue] My character's damage is lower than it should be (Missile Adjustment Bug?)

AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
edited August 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I have a level 16 Archer in BG2:EE. Her damage with the Tuigan Bow is supposed to be 12-17 (1d6+1 from weapon, +5 from missile adjust, +5 from proficiency). In the inventory and character windows these numbers show up correctly.

However, when I actually hit opponents of any type, my damage is significantly lower. I have even tried attacking my own party members while they had no equipment on, just to make sure resistances do not play a role in this. After some testing, it appears my real damage is 8-13, which is 4 points lower than what is stated on the character page.

I have a feeling that it's the missile adjustment that's not working correctly, and maybe the multiple +1s I've received over the levels fail to stack up with each other and only count as a single +1. That's my best guess, anyway.

I've uploaded a zip file containing the offending save game.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    With quiver of plenty +1 12-17
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited August 2015
    For me it behaves very erratically. Sometimes it does the intended damage, and sometimes it does less. I can't pinpoint what causes the issues. Still another issue, with Gesen Bow + Quiver of Plenty +1 I get much more damage than what is indicated in the inventory (disregarding the bonus electrical damage, obviously). The damage printed out in the inventory, while accurate to the rules, does not reflect how much damage my attacks do most of the time.

I don't think the magical ammo discussion has a bearing on this problem (as far as the Tuigan Bow is concerned), because I wasn't using any weapons with infinite magical ammo in my initial tests. I was using the Tuigan Bow with the Quiver of Plenty (which counts as normal Arrows +1 as far as I know, except no damage bonus).
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Adul
    You could add this line to your ini file to see more detailed information.

'Game Options', 'Extra Combat Info', '1'

I can get damage of 17 with both the Quiver of Plenty and some ordinary arrows, screenshot of the latter is attached.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I'll close this one off - can always re-open if it remains an issue (please pm me in that case)
This discussion has been closed.