Skip to content

Will Keepered NPCs transfer?

If I use eeKeeper to make changes to NPCs, will those changes transmit to SoD? Or will it be like BG2 where the NPCs are reset by the game?

Comments

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I imagine it will be like the Shadows of Amn -> Throne of Bhaal transition. NPCs in your party at the end of BG1 will transfer directly, while those not in your party will use new leveled-up versions of the NPCs. That way, NPCs you didn't use (or didn't use very much) in BG1 will be at a level they can be useful in SoD.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it seems that your actual bg1 party will appear and briefly be playable but then any non-canon characters will leave and you will get sod canon replacements. if they are bg1 npcs they will be in their, as you say, new leveled-up versions.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    @bob_veng
    Stop using the predictions of billbisco into confirmed facts. oO
    There is *no* word about this yet. The only thing we know is that
    a) Some party members are unavailable for an unspecificated amount of time
    b) ppl who are *not* members of the Chateau Irenicus group are in *every* screenshot.
    In fact, there are only 2 screenshots who use nearly the "canon" group (and even they
    switch Imoen with Safana)
    edited August 2015
    @Arcanis
    no, those were my predictions from some time ago based directly on what the devs have said. (edit: and i was very much in the right because i accurately predicted that there will be a good, neutral and evil canon party)

namely that you will be able to import your party from bg1 (whatever the composition) but will likely not be able to finish the game with it (if it has those npc's that aren't featured for the rest of the game)

apart from that, i don't take orders from you so don't talk to me in the imperative mood.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    That's not exactly what was said. And you finish the game with Imoen, Jalhera, and Minsc, but probably only for a short epilogue.

SoD will probably be based around the idea of a shifting party, as characters join or leave as the story demands, more like BG2 or KOTOR.
    Fardragon said:

That's not exactly what was said. And you finish the game with Imoen, Jalhera, and Minsc, but probably only for a short epilogue.

SoD will probably be based around the idea of a shifting party, as characters join or leave as the story demands, more like BG2 or KOTOR.

you mean fight the last battle with imoen, jaheira and misc etc., even though for he majority of the game your party was something entirely else? you will definitely fight the final boss with the "true" party that you have played the majority of the game with and then at the end something interesting will have to happen that will justify the SoA start. and i suspect it will be a cutscene.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    As I mentioned, I'm reasonably confident the being captured by Irenicus will be an epilogue, i.e. AFTER you have defeated the main SoD boss.