Skip to content

SCS Bodhi is hilarious

2»

Comments

• InKalInKal Member Posts: 196

ppffff...such a mediocre stats for a second hardest boss in vanilla game. that black casper wraith spamming vampiric touch in SoD is harder. ;P you don't believe me? try him/her/it out on LoB?

also charisma 14?? vampire matriach with charisma not high enough even for sarileth romance? travesty...

She has (Tactics Bodhi) permanent Cold Aura (fireshield:blue) and that is precisiely what is killing your powerful not cheesy at all berserker or cavalier protag wielding Crom Feyr which set his strenght oh so reasonable 25, eh? and the more hasted he is the quicker he dies! so you better grab your unlimited Bag of Holding and search it for them cold res. potions and if you had sold them all then go and buy them back. lol

quite heavy spoilers below in case someone did not play Tactics and would like to try it DO NOT READ

If you have Sola romancing him...Sola is actually more dengerous than Bohdi because he is a fighter/mage the epitome of cheese. Bohdi will not cast Time Stop but Sola will do. Then he will cast the ghoul touch (or similiar spell) strenghtening his fist and he will melee you to death in two, three hits.
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    The hardest part of the SCS Bodhi fight, even with full Tactics abilities, is the support provided by the vampire mages. Bodhi herself isn't that threatening though she certainly can dish out a lot of damage (but physical damage by itself is not the real danger in BG2).
    InKal said:

also charisma 14?? vampire matriach with charisma not high enough even for sarileth romance? travesty...

This made me laugh a lot more than it should have XD

• unavailableunavailable Member Posts: 268
    Bodhi has the disadvantage of an extremely primitive and limited scripting method that limits her commands to things beginning in IF THEN END. You'll just have to use your wits.
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    InKal said:

Suddenly I feel like generating a cavalier and playing Hexxat romance... Maybe not as fun as what you suggest, but I guess it's the next best thing :)
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Kurona said:

Mouse over them and Ctrl+Q.

What about on a Mac?
  • KuronaKurona Member Posts: 881
    johntyl said:

Kurona said:

Mouse over them and Ctrl+Q.

What about on a Mac?
    Beats me, the last time I touched a Mac was in 1991.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    One thing that bothers me, according to dnd lore, vampires need to achieve hundreds of years in age to become even close to this powerful. (Still they can't be THIS powerful) There was a chart in Van Richten's guide about the age categories of vampires, they start off with 18/76 str and 2 level drain but as they age their str rises and level draining increases, also they gain immunity to more plus weapons and magical resistances. Up to 22 or 23 str and 4 levels/per hit drain, IIRC. Bodhi is still clearly stronger with 24 str and 5 level/drain.

Just how many years have passed since Bodhi and Irenicus were cast out and punished? It makes little sense if hundreds of years have passed. True, for elves it is not long so elves in Suldenesselar still know them, and Bodhi might have converted into vampirism right off the start to counter the curse, but Irenicus would have perished in the remaining time since he now has a lifespan of a mere human, as the curse dictated. Hmm maybe he did experiments on himself to sustain his human life, this explains his weird S&M gear and stuff. (He presumably cut off his elven ears, too, hence his headphones like headgear.) Still, Bodhi would have to spend 600+ years or more as a vampire, and still couldn't be this powerful...maybe Bhaal essence she stole from Imoen makes her this strong, but this does not happen until the final battle, in the first battle encounter she should be weaker in that case, because she still hasn't taken Immy's soul...or maybe she already did, and the scene where Irenicus showing ripping the soul out of Immy is just a flash-back...

So many questions..
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918
    Well, SCS kind of remove RP a bit. I would like to see it as that the charname face enemies and vampires stronger than one could imagine. That we meet "relic" enemies. I think more about the gameplay than the Loré when it comes to modded creatures. Which is probably the whole point.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I agree, the problem of Bodhi's powers that according to the DnD lore need hundreds of years, but even so where the immunity to turn unddead come from, is of the same kind of Abazigail been generated about in the same time of my human charname and having a fully grown son.
    That Bodhi is from a mod, Draconis is in vanilla.

The fact is that those games have not a strong and sound coherence both in themselves and with the DnD lore, have a resemblance of coherence, good enough to let us enjoy the plot without forcing us to abuse our suspension of disbelief. But if we start to ask ourselves questions like @lunar is doing here we find a lot of things that have no sense, like NPCs that reach godly levels, not only archmage ones, in few months dedicated to battle and not at study, and so on.

And I am fine with this, as for me the goal is to have an enjoyable gaming experience, not a masterpiece of lore coherence.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    DnD has a DM to step in and balance as needed. BG does not. Without some "cheating" on the AI's part the game would be laughably easy to break for players.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    There was an ancient female vampire lord or demilord in one of the Ravenloft domains. I forgot the name, there are so many little domains and lords. Her thing was, she was a relatively new vampire, however she had a lover or relative who was also turned into a ghost, and in his fury he had attacked the vampire as a ghost:ghosts age 10-40 years when they hit, so he attacked the vampire repeatedly till the dawn and has aged her hundreds of years in just one night! Instead of hurting her this has made her ridiculously powerful in overnight! (she needs +3 to hit and drains 4 levels/hit and has mr, very powerful than ordinary ad&d vampire, still weaker than Bodhi)

That sounds silly to me, if I were the DM I would not have allowed a ghost's aging power to work on a vampire, just as a vampire can not drain levels from a ghost. But this is canon lore, in one of the Ravenloft books.
    But anything is possible as long as the DM wants so..
    And in a CRPG the DM are the developers, the modders and to some extent the player himself :smile:
  • RelSundanRelSundan Member Posts: 918

And in a CRPG the DM are the developers, the modders and to some extent the player himself :smile:

Can you explain to me what DM stands for?
    Dungeon Master, the person that in a pen and paper game, with real dices and a bunch of people sitting around a table, leads the game. He set the plot, using some books or eventually inventing an original one, and decide if something that a player want to do is legit or not, eventually listening to the player's reasons. Some DnD groups set also custom rules.
    In a computer game the same thing is somehow done by the game engine, eventually modded, with a lot less flexibility. And the player also must, if he want, use some self discipline, avoiding tactics that in his opinion are not fair. Trying to get the best possible computer replica of the pnp game, that anyway is different, or with an other criteria, regarding it as something similar but different that must have a logic and coherence in itself.