Skip to content

Cleric/Rogue - Open Lock

So this is something that was asked way back when BG:EE got released and it wasn't possible to do back then. So I'm wondering if it's possible now? Seems like a lot of things are getting added/changed with SoD and i was hoping that it would be possible to fix this.

It's annoying that you have to click on the special ability button every time you want to open a lock or pickpocket someone. It would make much more sense if you put the turn undead ability there instead, as you don't use it nearly as much as you use the open lock ability.

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    abacus said:

A workaround is to use the assign keys function to attach the thieving skill to a key... I use S (for Steal!!).

I might be teaching you to suck eggs... but it's worth noting.

That is a brilliant idea, I had no idea that was even possible :blush:
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I was unable to get that to work on a cleric/thief. I'd map the thieving skill to a hotkey, but the cleric/thief couldn't use the hotkey. All I could do was hotkey the innate ability icon, which does mostly solve the problem.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I use (S)teal, (H)ide, (F)ind Trap and (K)ill, on all my playthroughs.

If you're having issues getting it to work, it may be that some of the automatically set hotkeys are clashing with your new ones... So maybe take a look through the list?

No good for touchscreens though.