Skip to content

[Windows] Inns don't support the identify option

In BG2:EE (and BG:EE), Inn store-types which are flagged "can identify" don't show the identify button in the game.

As example Bernard in the Copper Coronet.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    If I understand correctly, the only way to see the flag is via an editor and the enhanced editions function the same as the original games. Or is there an impact I've not picked up on. I would say the flag should not be set.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited August 2015
    @Gate70 I agree that the existing behaviour is fine as far as how it works in-game.

Though I imagine for mods it would be an issue if you want to have an inn that also allows you to identify. Based on my understanding of the situation that may not be possible.

Edit: On second thought it may just be that there is a cap on how many screens in a store are shown.
    Post edited by elminster on
  • TarakTarak Member Posts: 12
    Gate70 said:

Hi
    If I understand correctly, the only way to see the flag is via an editor and the enhanced editions function the same as the original games. Or is there an impact I've not picked up on. I would say the flag should not be set.

I’ve noticed these "can identify" flags via Near Infinity editor and that this function is not working for inns. It works fine for other store types, like taverns, that don’t support resting. If the flag is set for certain inn-stores in BG:EE/BG2:EE and not for others, I can only assume why.
    If it’s a feature or a bug, that’s what the developers have to decide now. I would be nevertheless happy if the game’s code would work as possibly intended; at least for modders’ sake.