Skip to content

Unable to get Coran into BG2EE Mac - Mavericks

I have tried everything i can find. I have placed the Pocket plane group mod into the resources directory and i still get the "install into Infinity engine" message. I could really use some help, anybody please....

Comments

• JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    edited August 2015
    Well at least my reply bumped your thread and got noticed
    Post edited by Jasko on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Coran BG2 mod. That would be version 5, AFAIK.
    2. You may be installing to the Resources folder of the BG2EE launcher, which isn't the same as the Resources folder of the game. See my guide to installing mod on OSX:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31155/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-installing-mods-on-osx/p1
  • steelchasersteelchaser Member Posts: 72
    Thanks for the reply ABG. I followed your guide but noticed my file has an additional suffix .dSYM. I also changed the permissions per your instructions. I still get the error message "...error .... Install in infinity engine directory..." I'm paraphrasing. So I seem to be in the wrong directory or it doesn't recognize the ~.app.dSYMfile as the infinity engine, maybe. I am using the latest download from The pocket plane group. I will double check again. Continuing thanks to all responders.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    The .dSYM folder is not the correct location.

Right-click on the "BaldursGateIIEnhancedEdition" application and select "Show Package Contents". Then navigate to Contents > Resources.
  • steelchasersteelchaser Member Posts: 72
    got it! I did unpack it incorrectly but then moved it to the correct sub directory and walla!

Thanks for your help