Skip to content

From BG:EE to BG.

SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
So a quick question, did anyone who started playing BG:EE give the original games a try? And if so what did you think? There are many people (me included) that started with the original games and ended up moving to BG:EE, I'm curious if there are any people that did it the other way?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    A lot of participants of https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40393/maybe-this-time-ee-scs-trilogy-no-reload-runs-featuring-we-cannot-withstand-such-firepower#latest play either the EEs or original games with mods basing their choice on the set-up and general habits.

As for me, I couldn't return to modded BG after the EE. Just couldn't. UI, loading times, a polished view, a quick loot feature, seeing scrolls with spells that you already know, Dorn and Neera in the party...
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2015
    bengoshi said:

A lot of participants of https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40393/maybe-this-time-ee-scs-trilogy-no-reload-runs-featuring-we-cannot-withstand-such-firepower#latest play either the EEs or original games with mods basing their choice on the set-up and general habits.

As for me, I couldn't return to modded BG after the EE. Just couldn't. UI, loading times, a polished view, a quick loot feature, seeing scrolls with spells that you already know, Dorn and Neera in the party...

I was pro the original game (BG2, BGT, BGtutu) when BG:EE was released and i was certain that i would always return to it. Now i might not like the extra content that was added to BG:EE & BG2:EE, but the interface upgrades and all the other tweaks to the game, make it impossible for me to play the original anymore. To me BG:EE somehow became a worse (content) yet better (tweaks) game at the same time. It's amusing how things change.

But i do love to return to the original Baldur's Gate (1), just because of the different graphics and sprites which i grew up with and somehow yet to this day love to pieces.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    SionIV said:

bengoshi said:

I was pro the original game (BG2, BGT, BGtutu) when BG:EE was released and i was certain that i would always return to it. Now i might not like the extra content that was added to BG:EE & BG2:EE, but the interface upgrades and all the other tweaks to the game, make it impossible for me to play the original anymore. To me BG:EE somehow became a worse (content) yet better (tweaks) game at the same time. It's amusing how things change.

But i do love to return to the original Baldur's Gate (1), just because of the different graphics and sprites which i grew up with and somehow yet to this day love to pieces.
    What are the significant interface and other tweaks that you see over a highly modded BGT? I don't really see any and play the EE for the added content and additional NPCs.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    AHF said:

SionIV said:

bengoshi said:

What are the significant interface and other tweaks that you see over a highly modded BGT? I don't really see any and play the EE for the added content and additional NPCs.
    The new UI, being able to see statistics on in the inventory screen, I can see mine and the enemy health when i use tab. There are many small tweaks like this and they have taken care of several bugs and other oddities. The only thing i dislike about BG:EE are the NPC's and the additional content.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    SionIV said:

AHF said:

SionIV said:

bengoshi said:

The new UI, being able to see statistics on in the inventory screen, I can see mine and the enemy health when i use tab. There are many small tweaks like this and they have taken care of several bugs and other oddities. The only thing i dislike about BG:EE are the NPC's and the additional content.
    That's fair. I do feel like the vast majority of the tweaks were already addressed in mods, though a fresh install is much easier now!