Skip to content

The neutral party

So I'm doing a neutral NPC run currently as I have played with many of the neutral NPCs and like that many of them aren't obviously powerful.

Current party:
DM Monk Mainchar
Jaheira
Yoshimo
Jan
Anomen
Neera

Plans:
Replace Jaheira with Cernd at level 13
Replace Yoshimo with Haer'dalis after Spellhold and completing any NPC quests that are useful (any particular ones come to mind?)

Questions:
What's the lowest level that the party can be to get a 13th level Cernd and a 15th level Haer'dalis?

How bad is it to fail Anomen's quest to keep him neutral? Is his character still interesting? How will it affect his romance (as mainchar is female)?

Is Cernd or Jaheira a more interesting character?

Comments

• JomberwigJomberwig Member Posts: 8
    Not exactly sure on the lowest level the party can be to get 13th lvl Cernd, 15th Haer'dalis; I think it is normally dependent on PC's experience- I think new members experience will be relative to your main or at least with the ToB npc xp patch I believe it is, can't remember if that is part of Enhanced Edition or not. I will say neutral Anomen is fine myself, not sure how it goes with romance though .
    Cernd vs Jaheria? Hmmm, I think most people might say Jaheira is more interesting but her dominant personality probably won't appeal to all. Cernd is generally a pretty level headed guy who likes to put things in perspective before he takes action I think, I kinda like him but barely use him
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Jaheira is only neutral because the game forces druids to be true neutral. Her personality is much more Neutral/Chaotic good.
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595
    I think Anomen failing his test while the romance is active will break the romance. He kind of starts blaming the PC for his failure.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited August 2015
    I like Chaotic Neutral Anomen. He's different that way, grimy, brooding, unlike LG Anomen who resembles Keldorn and Mazzy as a holier than thou holy warrior.
    I've read in a few places that his failing his test doesn't necessarily break the romance. I don't know how hard it is to keep the romance going though.

Edit: I'd also definitely pick Cernd over Jaheira. Very cool party, one I should try myself sometime.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    It does not break the romance, the romance branches I believe, though I've only completed the good path of it because I like the wisdom boost he gets for passing.
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    I agree it doesn't break the romance. It just takes a different path. With a still low wis anomen though.

And with that party cn anomen doesn't have issues with other members. He can't be with aerie and keldorn if he fails.
  • JaskoJasko Member Posts: 31
    Which begs the question, does a Holy Symbol of Helm ring appear in CN Anomen's backpack when he reaches lvl 25?
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    There's a mod somewhere that gives customized holy symbols to Aerie, Anomen, and Viconia, to match their actual gods.