Skip to content

[Dupe #16133] [LINUX] [STEAM] Wrong description for hasardeur-class in the Linux-Version of the game

DarkEnchanterDarkEnchanter Member Posts: 23
edited August 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
Hello !

I come from germany, so i apologize if my english is not perfect.

I have reconfigured one of my two computers to linux ubuntu 14.04 LTS

I have installed BG:EE v1.3.2053 via Steam, so it is the linux-version of the game WITHOUT using the program called WINE.

Now i noticed some bugs with the hasardeur-class -->

1.) When it comes to the point during the character-creation where you pick the class of your character, the hasardeur-class is named "Mage" in englisch or "Magier" in german instead of "Hasardeur", how it should. Now you have 2 classes called "Mage" on the same screen !

2.) Also there is no desription for the hasardeur-kit during the character-creation.

3.) If you click on "character kit" - description later in the game then the desciption for the mage-class is shown instead of the hasardeur-class.

4.) The class of the character is also shown as mage instead of hasardeur.

This error appears reagardless if i pick "german" or "english" language in the settings.

In the windows-version of the game these bugs doesn´t show up !

Can i fix this myself ? And when it is possible to fix myself, then how do i do it ?
Post edited by Hurricane on

Comments

• SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    Think it is the same as this one https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/42854/problem-with-wild-mage-kit-description#latest

Seems it has not been tagged yet, so @elminster or @Hurricane ?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited August 2015
    Sertorius said:

Think it is the same as this one

Same one, yes. Reported with usages of Ubuntu 15.04 and Linux Mint 17.1 on my end. I'll use the previous ticket since it is the earlier of the two here.

Additionally, you can't fix it yourself—it's an engine issue. Since it is fixed in the other games, it's only a matter of time until the fix comes to Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition. How much time, you might ask? I do not know. Thankfully, it's only cosmetic—it doesn't impact on how the wild mage class works aside from that.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
  • DarkEnchanterDarkEnchanter Member Posts: 23
    @Troodon80

Ok, thanks for your answer.

I wil wait for the next patch.

Yes, it thankfully doesn´t cause any greater trouble.