Skip to content

Unable to Get Potion and Jewel Bag

Long story short, because I lost all my save files, I am forced to replay the BG:EE series (It's for the best anyway, with Siege of Dragonspear coming up), and I noticed that after getting Monty and Xzar in my group, I don't see the potion bag in my inventory even though I agreed to accept their assistance! And when I recruit in Neera, I don't see her jewel bag neither! Without these, my inventory will get full very quick!

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Neera *should* have the Gem Bag, but I'm pretty sure the Potion Case is sold at the Mage's tower west of Beregost...

There's a Scroll Case too btw, you need to do a quick quest for Firebead to get it (his house is opposite the big Inn in Beregost).
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited August 2015
    abacus said:

Neera *should* have the Gem Bag, but I'm pretty sure the Potion Case is sold at the Mage's tower west of Beregost...

There's a Scroll Case too btw, you need to do a quick quest for Firebead to get it (his house is opposite the big Inn in Beregost).

She should, but because of this game glitch (at least I think it is a glitch), she does not have it even though she should, and I didn't get the potion case from Xzar neither even though the game claimed that I obtained an item from them (I don't recall getting the potion case from that mage from High Hedge, but you could be right, I vaguely recall buying some case for 200 gp there last time I played a couple years ago). And I know the Firebead quest already, I've played through this game once before BG2:EE was released, but I did not do the quest at all recently because I suspect that the scroll case won't show in my inventory either, but I'll try it anyway and give an update on what happens.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    The potion case can be found in High Hedge as abacus noted.

I checked Neera's files over and didn't see any obvious reason for why she wouldn't have a gem bag. Are you running any mods?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

Long story short, because I lost all my save files, I am forced to replay the BG:EE series (It's for the best anyway, with Siege of Dragonspear coming up), and I noticed that after getting Monty and Xzar in my group, I don't see the potion bag in my inventory even though I agreed to accept their assistance! And when I recruit in Neera, I don't see her jewel bag neither! Without these, my inventory will get full very quick!

Xzar gives you a healing potion, not a potion case.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited August 2015
    elminster said:

The potion case can be found in High Hedge as abacus noted.

I checked Neera's files over and didn't see any obvious reason for why she wouldn't have a gem bag. Are you running any mods?

Nope, and I've figured out my problem: The potion case really is supposed to be bought at High Hedge, no glitch is in effect here. My mistake. I just haven't played BG:EE since mid 2012