Skip to content

Full playthrough concern

Hello,

I am starting another full playthough of BG series and I am wondering if I should wait for SoD to come out? Let's say it comes out while I am still completing BGEE, would I be able to import into SoD? And then into BG2EE when I am done?

Regards

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    You can import to SoD. If you enjoy the game now, play it.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I am on a pre SoD play through of BG:EE right now.
    Would like to play a cleric but waiting to see if the IWD:EE cleric kits will become part of the BG:EE games
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    You can start now, like others said. The challenge is just pacing yourself out so you dont run out of BG1 content too quickly.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    The only reason to wait is if you want to play as the new shaman class or use the new UI improvements in BG:EE. I am going to wait and play as a shaman myself.
  • iamcelestialiamcelestial Member Posts: 19
    @Ragnarr, I was in the same spot as you are. Here is my suggestion (and what I did): Start a new game (preferably with SCS/no-reload so that you challenge yourself), bring it slowly up to Baldur's gate city/TOTSC. If SoD hasn't come out by then, then leave it be. Re-start like a week before the release date.

If SoD is already out there, then just play it through.
  • MaciejSMaciejS Member Posts: 28
    Well, now there's been some information that spells from Icewind Dale shall also be added to the game, so I'd wait (and am waiting) for SoD to be released.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    MaciejS said:

Well, now there's been some information that spells from Icewind Dale shall also be added to the game, so I'd wait (and am waiting) for SoD to be released.

[skeptical]Link Plz[/skeptical]
  • InstantCoffeeInstantCoffee Member Posts: 8
    I
    MaciejS said:

I really hope it is just a misinformation.
  • MaciejSMaciejS Member Posts: 28
    Actually this information is drifting around in various topics here.
    edited August 2015
    Source please.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Source please.

The Internet.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    MaciejS said:

There have been a few topics talking about how it would be nice if Beamdog added in IWD:EE spells to SoD, but that is about it. During the live stream there were some new spells shown for Jaheira, but that was later confirmed to be a bug and not intended. If IWD are added in it has *not* been confirmed in any way.
    deltago said:

Source please.

The Internet.
    The fade.