Skip to content

[Mod] Icewind Dale EE with BG2 Tweaks

DrPartsDrParts Member Posts: 5
edited August 2015 in Troubleshooting
I installed the magical item restriction tweak and selected no restrictions from BG2 Tweaks. I am still unable to equip more than one magical item on my character boosts AC protection. I get the "Can't be equipped due to other equipped magical items" error message. For example, I have Mail of Life armor equipped but I am unable to equip Mithran's Cloak. All the other tweaks installed work fine with the exception of this one. I have tried starting a new game but still encountering the same problem. Anyone having this issue and is there a work around to get it to work?

Thanks
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Hi @DrParts did you start a new game after applying the mods, if not any items you already had may be unaffected.
  • DrPartsDrParts Member Posts: 5
    Yes, I tried starting a new game and adding random magical items through EE Keeper but did not work. I tried the second tweak option: P&P Style

But there was no option to toggle on the item since there were no special abilities to select.

Here's the description and details for the tweak:
    Wear Multiple Protection Items
    This component allows players to wear more than one "X of Protection" item at a time. Players have their choice of two different implementations (from Ease of Use and G3/Tutu Tweaks respectively):

1) No restrictions. Players can wear as many items together as they wish.
    2) P&P Style: In Pen and Paper AD&D, characters are allowed to wear magical armor with Rings/Cloaks/Amulets of Protection, but only the armor class bonus from one item would apply. This component gives every ring/cloak/amulet of protection the ability to be worn with or without its Armor Class bonus. With the AC bonus, the items retain their usual restrictions from being worn with other protection items or magic armor. Without their AC bonus, they can be worn together. This allows players to gain the benefits of the saving throw bonuses from the items of protection. To toggle between the versions that offer armor class bonuses and those without, use the item's special ability--the new item will be created in your inventory.