Skip to content

Exporting to SoD question.

I was hoping one of the Devs could clarify one issue with regards to exporting my party to SoD. When exporting from BGEE to BG2EE, your character keeps all exp and attributes but loses all but a few items (for RP's sake). I was wondering if a similar approach would be taken in SoD?
Also, when you export a party member to SoD, will their XP reflect that in the save file you use for exporting or will they all be bumped up to the BG1EE XP cap so everyone starts at a level playing field?

The reason I ask is because I'm wondering if there's any point me re-playing my Good BGEE playthrough to try and get everyone max leveled-up before porting them over to SoD or if that would automatically be done already?

Apologies if this has been asked ad nauseum already.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Although there's no direct answer on your questions, the way I see it basing on the known information, if you import a save from BGEE, your characters at the start of SoD will have exactly the same amount of XP and exactly the same items they had when Sarevok was defeated.

It remains to be seen what the starting XP and items in SoD will be for those parties that haven't been imported from BGEE.

Also, it remains to be seen what the starting XP in SoD will be for those imported characters that reached the XP cap in BGEE and got XP in BGEE after reaching the cap. Will this additional XP be transferred to SoD?

Because right now, there's no certainity in terms of an additional XP transfer between BGEE and BG2EE, https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/669603/#Comment_669603
  • Spaceman_SpiffSpaceman_Spiff Member Posts: 40
    aaah that makes a bit more sense. curious to see how it's implemented as well. knowing how much of an XP hoarder I am, I am very sceptical of how the game will balance itself out once I export my party from SoD to BG2EE
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    I think I read somewhere that engine limitations mean you can't import containers, so you'll probably lose those and their contents.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    It should be just like the transition from SoA to ToB where you keep your party and all the items in your inventory, containers included.